Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we must be asking silly fees for them as well.

If we offer the players out at cut prices then it should balance out on the wages.

Not really Zat, fact is most clubs have a wage structure and even giving them a player for free they aren't signing them as it'd destroy that and then every one if their players or new signings are looking at those wages and demanding much much more.

Salaries are the only reason we sign anyone,it's all we've ever had to offer, not like we have European football or regular cup final appearances.
This is true and is also the reason we need to change our recruitment model. We need to speculate on young up and coming talent on relatively low wages instead of spunking £70k plus a week on "proven PL players". I'll get stick from the usual suspects about that but we have been going down the proven PL players high wage model for Moshiri's entire reign and we have got worse each year.

I think we must be asking silly fees for them as well.

If we offer the players out at cut prices then it should balance out on the wages.
We're in a catch 22 situation, if we sell at a cut price we get hammered on P&L rules, if we keep them because, bizarrely, that is the most sensible thing to do from an accountancy perspective people complain that we can't shift them. We're at least two years away from normality on our accounts, wage bill and transfer issues. The real Moshiri legacy is our financial black hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back