Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
seen a few links to Onana today, hes a DM, 20 year old belgian, playing for lille in france. 90min said this morning that lille want £50m, so I thought there was no chance. Goodison news now saying its £34m, which may be doable, if its spread over 5 years. certainly a position we need a player, but he is young and it is a big fee for us

If you could make a template of the type of player Lampard likes in the 6 role, then gave a person the direct opposite qualities, you'd have this guy.

He's a huge raw physical athlete type player,

They would’ve been ahead of Branthwaite anyway and it’d just be another wasted season for him, I’m glad he’s going to get some much needed playing time.
Exactly, if he is ever to play for us, he needs to get experience first. That means a loan.

He is too raw right now.

Completely different kind of motion mate, whst he's doing atm is to strengthen the connecting muscles ligaments etc around the area that snapped. Still a whilst to go before he can start putting any real strain on that area directly. It's just a progressive step by step process now to get him back to the state it's healed and can withstand the types of strain playing footy will put on it. Tries to rush it and he has a setback or worse if it goes again or something else goes dye to him compensating for it, then it's ve a lot longer than another 6 months - at his age could pretty much be finishing his career.

I'm 48 now, did my knee when a lot younger, never healed it properly and played (5 aside for years after) would flare up every few months - these days for about the last 7-8 years it can go from just messing round playing footy with my kids etc

So can understand why any athlete would want to ensure it's done right in recovery
Same here (same age too). Mine got done when my weight on my plant leg was going one way and the fellow coming in for the tackle took my leg the other way.

It is the cutting and changing direction at full speed (not to mention with potential for contact) that draw things out. Simple straight line stuff is not the delay. At his age he is wise to not rush it, train and build the area back as strong as he can.

This is absolutely brilliant and is a perfect league to send talented youngsters to.
Rather send Keane but I guess that ain't happening. Sad to realise that we won't be getting a second decent centre half in, and that we'll be relying. once again, largely on Keane and Holgate in Mina's regular absences this season.

seen a few links to Onana today, hes a DM, 20 year old belgian, playing for lille in france. 90min said this morning that lille want £50m, so I thought there was no chance. Goodison news now saying its £34m, which may be doable, if its spread over 5 years. certainly a position we need a player, but he is young and it is a big fee for us

5 years payments for unproven player.

Mental. Just mental.

We need vision, a top to player like michael Rice from West Ham.

Rather send Keane but I guess that ain't happening. Sad to realise that we won't be getting a second decent centre half in, and that we'll be relying. once again, largely on Keane and Holgate in Mina's regular absences this season.

Wouldn't class Keane as a youngster but each to their own.

Surely he was joking?!
Shaking-Head-Breaking-Bad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back