Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a bit mad that considering that it's still a good 6 months away.

Okay, so he hasn't been training with a ball this summer and it was a pretty nasty injury to begin with.. but he's been up and about and in the gym every day. Does he really need another 6+ months of recovery?
I'd imagine the older you are the longer the rehab.

If we are going to sell players like Gomes and Mina it will probably be much closer to the end of the window as clubs run out of options .

From a financial perspective we are just into a new accounting year so it doesn't really matter when any player is sold as long as it is before the end of June 2023.
I think Andre Gomes will go on loan if a buyer can't be found and I think the manager would be happy to keep Mina for the season if, again, no buyer turns up but I do think he will go in this window.

We will also save on wages from a couple of other players going out on loan(Branthwaire, Onyango and maybe more) on top of about 20m pa saved from out of contract players.

Traore another rehabilitation case like Dele. No thanks.

I'm beginning to assess all potential signings now with another relegation scrap in mind and asking are they up for the fight. I wouldn't particularly want to be depending on Traore in that scenario.

Another player with no output. It seems exactly like the signing we make.

I mean no, which is why I'm asking. Last week he was doing lunges with a 20kg barbell on said knee..

Completely different kind of motion mate, whst he's doing atm is to strengthen the connecting muscles ligaments etc around the area that snapped. Still a whilst to go before he can start putting any real strain on that area directly. It's just a progressive step by step process now to get him back to the state it's healed and can withstand the types of strain playing footy will put on it. Tries to rush it and he has a setback or worse if it goes again or something else goes dye to him compensating for it, then it's ve a lot longer than another 6 months - at his age could pretty much be finishing his career.

I'm 48 now, did my knee when a lot younger, never healed it properly and played (5 aside for years after) would flare up every few months - these days for about the last 7-8 years it can go from just messing round playing footy with my kids etc

So can understand why any athlete would want to ensure it's done right in recovery

seen a few links to Onana today, hes a DM, 20 year old belgian, playing for lille in france. 90min said this morning that lille want £50m, so I thought there was no chance. Goodison news now saying its £34m, which may be doable, if its spread over 5 years. certainly a position we need a player, but he is young and it is a big fee for us

https://www.[Publication is blackli...ent-from-sale-of-everton-target-amadou-onana/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back