Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I’m really surprised that Chelsea haven’t done a load of “permanent” transfers this summer to be honest.

Permanent as in, sell for low, and insert low buy back clauses, a bit like when we bought Deulofeu.

That’d be Colwill, Anjorin etc in for reasonable prices. Obviously they’re not keen on doing that, but I’m surprised.

Makes sense for all parties.

Until I'm informed otherwise I'm convinced the ideal analogy for our transfer budget is scrounging for change in your car outside a convenience store hoping you can afford an decent candy bar

But my argument still stands that we spaffed it on those type of players which has put us in this situation but when all is said and done we both ultimately want the same thing.
Your point is a hypothetical though. Of course we should have been spending money more sensibly over the years and going for players with big upsides that either help us challenge at the time or we can sell on for big profits that help us build. I am talking about our situation now. We need a load of players and spending £35m on someone who started 11 games last year is a massive risk we can’t really afford to take. Maybe I’m wrong and you’re right but that’s how I see it personally with the situation we are in at the moment

Amadou Onana is exactly the type of player we should be going for....

20 years old
6` 5"
From what I`ve seen he has good pace and can play CDM or CM.

Amadou Onana is exactly the type of player we should be going for....

20 years old
6` 5"
From what I`ve seen he has good pace and can play CDM or CM.

I’ve been Gbamined before though, not sure I’m ready to trust again!

Onana is the type of player we desperately need. That profile of midfielder of the French league is the one to go for these days.

The links in recent days have been more promising at least!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back