Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
He puts his laces through them to be fair to him, hes not popular, but to be honest he's looked very good and effective any time I've seen him, his quality stuck out like a sore thumb at Burley. He offer us a lot of versatility.

Hes really good mates with Gbamin, i hear.

Cornet + Gibbs-White are 2 decent signings if we can get them over the line.

Anyone expecting CL quality incomings were always going to be in for dissapointment - all about plugging weaknesses in the first team.

Tarky - Leader at the back

Gibbo - creates chances from midfield

Cornet - quick, versatile and can score goals.

Still need a back up for DCL and natural defensive midfielder.

Anyone expecting CL quality incomings were always going to be in for dissapointment - all about plugging weaknesses in the first team.

Think Cornet will be back up for DCL mate same way Richarlison was.

Well before Sigurdsson became taboo I did.

It's mostly people not just think Doucoure is alright but actually rate him
People rate him in relative terms pal.

We all know he's not a fabulous player. But we also all acknowledge he's the best option we have in central midfield at the moment.

Him and Iwobi are automatic starters in a 4-3-3 at the moment, and have been since Lampard's arrival. Even when the boss tries a different formation, like that hideous 5-2-3, Doucoure is the best choice in the current squad to take that CM spot.

I don't take any issue at your suggestion, during conversations about transfer targets, that we need better than Doucoure in central midfield. I take issue with your bizarre refusal to accept he's better than Gomes, Davies and the rest of the options we currently have available. He isn't the worst midfielder we currently have, so it's completely impossible for him to be the worst player Everton have ever put on the field.

People rate him in relative terms pal.

We all know he's not a fabulous player. But we also all acknowledge he's the best option we have in central midfield at the moment.

Him and Iwobi are automatic starters in a 4-3-3 at the moment, and have been since Lampard's arrival. Even when the boss tries a different formation, like that hideous 5-2-3, Doucoure is the best choice in the current squad to take that CM spot.

I don't take any issue at your suggestion, during conversations about transfer targets, that we need better than Doucoure in central midfield. I take issue with your bizarre refusal to accept he's better than Gomes, Davies and the rest of the options we currently have available. He isn't the worst midfielder we currently have, so it's completely impossible for him to be the worst player Everton have ever put on the field.
I prefer Davies because even though he's slow and not great at anything he's not a hole. I've seen Gomes at least be half decent with the ball in certain systems. Doucoure doesn't cross either threshold.

I just disagree that he's the best option. I'd go Davies deep with Allan and Iwobi right now since Delph left.

The Burnley fume is going to be Awsome.

They and Watford can get together on the odd Weds night there isn’t a championship game and convene Snake Waivers Anonymous.
I'm sure their heads will be falling off when we join them in the championship.

I don't rate him at all and it seems we still haven't learnt our lesson.

There were reports that cornet has a release clause of £17.5m, if that’s true it’s decent for a player who got 9 goals last season, could go some way to replacing Richarlison’s contributions, I know they are not the same player.
It makes sense to look at him if the reports are true that Watford want £25m plus add ons for Dennis.

why have a crappy nickname for the first 2 and not the 3rd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back