Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were reports that cornet has a release clause of £17.5m, if that’s true it’s decent for a player who got 9 goals last season, could go some way to replacing Richarlison’s contributions, I know they are not the same player.
It makes sense to look at him if the reports are true that Watford want £25m plus add ons for Dennis.
If Watford want £25m+ for Dennis they’ll be waiting a very long time.

Cornet sounds like a sensible signing to me. Bet there’s no other player who scored more than 8 goals in the prem last year we could get for £17.5m apart from 32 year old Teemu Pukki who I’ve genuinely seen people on here recommend.

Cornet + Gibbs-White are 2 decent signings if we can get them over the line.

Anyone expecting CL quality incomings were always going to be in for dissapointment - all about plugging weaknesses in the first team.

Tarky - Leader at the back

Gibbo - creates chances from midfield

Cornet - quick, versatile and can score goals.

Still need a back up for DCL and natural defensive midfielder.
Think we'll be going like this, spending what we have left on a 6 and then getting someone like Broja in on loan. We'll almost definitely end up with one of those Chelsea young players on loan and hopefully some others to fill holes in the squad. Spend our money on players that will be guaranteed to play for years like a DM, no point us spending big on a striker when DCL will start when he's fit when we could put the money to better use elsewhere.

Why would Burnley accept that?

Don’t know if they would mate, hence the adjective of trying.

Not sure their own finances are great and may need certainty around costs in doing deals, in terms of budgeting, it’s tricky going down and trying to comply with EFL FFP when you have a PL cost base, while I believe they have a repayment to make in their leveraged buy out, so may need certainty around cash flow.

If it's true, then £17m is a reasonable piece of business I'd say. Scored a goal every other start in a team as bad as Burnley (the issue being we weren't that much better, admittedly)

Also about the quality of signings. By that metric you are definitely not 11/12.
Oh yes, agreed! I always state we will make signings, rarely state who I think they will be though. Again, this summer we will make signings, I trust them to be better quality than recent years also, just based on frank really
Time will tell

Would rather Cornet over Dennis tbf if they were the options. Both seem very unimaginative signings though.

If either of those 2 are our next signings, then all of our signings so far will have been from one of the few clubs that somehow finished below us last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back