Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
cropped-58655491_2381155358771579_8959443131124678656_n.webp

Sorry my son, the mere mention of that poster set the sniffer dog off.

God bless.

Why do some on here hero worship Lampard ?

Are they Chelsea plants ?

Benitez had a summer spend of £1.7 million, Lampard will have drastically more.

Benitez left the club in 16th, Lampard had 18 games and kept us in 16th.

I dont hero worship Benitez likewise I dont hero worship Lampard, I support both and look at each of their circumstances objectively.

If anyone accepts 16th this coming season but claimed it wasn't good enough last season then they are hypocrites imo.

I stated 10th-12th was acceptable under Benitez and it still is in my eyes under Lampard because I dont pick and choose which EFC manager I want to see succeed.

…Benitez 8 still in mourning, they really need to take his wall posters down & move on.

If we dont spend another penny, fail to replace Richarlison then I would agree with you.

I do think though that we'll bring in another 3-4 this window and should we keep DCL fit this season there is no excuse to below 12th imo.

Bournemouth
Fulham
Nott Forest
Saints
Brentford without Eriksen

5 clubs we should be above right away if we strengthen if Lampard is as good as some say he is and thats not factoring in Leeds without Raphinha/Phillips and Palace/Brighton without Gallagher and Bissouma who can all be caught.

If we are 15th having spent £60+ millions and DCL fully fit is Super Fronk really that Super ??
What is the logic behind believing that if Everton gets new players in they will improve as a team and that if other teams get players in (you can actually drop the 'if' as they have already signed quite a lot of good players), they will not improve?

What is the logic behind believing that if Everton gets new players in they will improve as a team and that if other teams get players in (you can actually drop the 'if' as they have already signed quite a lot of good players), they will not improve?
Well Slippy G seems to quite like the Everton model regarding transfers.

9 subs on the bench next season mate, we will probably put 2 GKs on the bench every game.
Fine, I'll bet you we put out benches of 7 or less players numerous times, then. We don't trust our young players, maybe that's because they're not good enough and we need to remedy that, or it's a problem with the culture at the club. I happen to think that it's a bit of both.

Fine, I'll bet you we put out benches of 7 or less players numerous times, then. We don't trust our young players, maybe that's because they're not good enough and we need to remedy that, or it's a problem with the culture at the club. I happen to think that it's a bit of both.
I think a lot of teams wont field 9 subs every game.

So I shall not be taking a bet I know will lose.

Not comparable at all. Benitez TOOK the club down to 16th place, Lampard halted any further decline.

Was that when Lampard took us into the bottom 3 about 12 games after Benitez left ?

You can simp over Lampard and hate Benitez without making up lies to suit your opinion mate.

Some in here would do very well in Johnsons cabinet "pah what a great PM" "took over from Labours mess" "Corbyn wud av done worse" yada yada yada.

Last edited:
I don’t disagree but never understood why we would have less subs. It’s a boost for any u21 player to be on the bench.
Agreed, but at various times over the past few seasons we've left a space on the bench or put a second keeper there rather than a youth player. I've no idea why not, it's madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back