Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would still be fother mucking delighted if we signed Billy "I'm no 5 foot 4" Gilmouuuurrrrr. He's a superb talent. Far better than any midfielders we currently have IMO.

Believe it when I see it though.
I don't see why not on loan he won't be starting much for Chelsea they have a plethora of midfielders.

I don't see why not on loan he won't be starting much for Chelsea they have a plethora of midfielders.
I'd certainly hope we could do a loan deal if not permanent. I'm a huge fan of BillyG; if relegation fodder and pub-plodders Norwich can get him on loan, there's surely no reason we couldn't do it too (you'd assume Frank would know him from his time at CFC).

Why on earth we're [apparently] chasing Spurs 97th choice CM or Mogran Gibbs-Who or Citys LB for a midfield role ahead of this lad is just baffling to me. One of world footballs top young CM talents in the making. Exactly the kind of signing we should be moving everything around to get.

We need a midfielder badly but we won’t get one while we have Davies, Allan, Doucoure, Gbamin, Iwobi & Gomes all on the books

I'd certainly hope we could do a loan deal if not permanent. I'm a huge fan of BillyG; if relegation fodder and pub-plodders Norwich can get him on loan, there's surely no reason we couldn't do it too (you'd assume Frank would know him from his time at CFC).

Why on earth we're [apparently] chasing Spurs 97th choice CM or Mogran Gibbs-Who or Citys LB for a midfield role ahead of this lad is just baffling to me. One of world footballs top young CM talents in the making. Exactly the kind of signing we should be moving everything around to get.
Well MGW is more of an attacking player and we aren't signing Zinchenko, Arsenal probably are. So there must be an idea for the midfielder.

Surely if Gilmour went on loan to Norwich he ain't going to be turning Everton down.

Gilmour comes in, I personally think he goes right into the starting eleven for you guys.

Kid's got insane potential, and even better if you could sneak out a permeant, but probably too wishful thinking.

Was going to say, Patino might be worth a punt? Only problem is, he hasn't had enough game time like Gilmour, albeit he played a few cameos and cup appearances for us last season, and he's bulked up well in pre-season and looked a different animal in our first game.

He's just as good potential wise, as the 2 Chelsea lads imo.

Surely if Gilmour went on loan to Norwich he ain't going to be turning Everton down.

Gilmour comes in, I personally think he goes right into the starting eleven for you guys.

Kid's got insane potential, and even better if you could sneak out a permeant, but probably too wishful thinking.

He just doesn’t have the physique to be a Premier League central midfielder. Don’t know where he’ll end up but that’s always going to hold him back from being a top player for me.

Well MGW is more of an attacking player and we aren't signing Zinchenko, Arsenal probably are. So there must be an idea for the midfielder.
Personally I've never rated Zinch: complete passenger/weak link in an all conquering machine. My nan could probably play LB in that team and get a winners medal. As for MGW: in the few times I've seen him play, "bang average" is the best compliment I can pay him. I don't profess to watch Wolves a lot, but isn't it still Neves and Moutino in their midfield?? Would a Wolves squad player improve us, assuming thats what he is of course?!

The last 20 odd pages have been erm, interesting. @ForeverBlue92 you made this comparison that Benitez & Lampard both had 18 games so why is Lampard's 16th position more acceptable than Benitez's 16th league position. I'm fairly certain you have expressed this same point many times before too.

If Everton are likened to the Titanic, Carlo sailed through the cold waters, saw the danger ahead & jumped ship. Benitez then took the helm & looked confident at first but then sailed us straight into an iceberg. "Tis but a scratch" claimed Benitez & carried on but the damage was done. 18 Premier league games with a massive gash in the side & Benitez deciding to take it out on the lifeboats, tell the passengers the lifeboats are useless & ditch some in the sea to be replaced by a foreign dinghy that came with a torn up manual no one can understand.
By now the ship is in deep deep trouble & the bow is very much starting to point upwards. Finally Benitez has gone & Frank has taken the helm but it's really not looking good & the ship is breaking & the damage has been done. Frank issues what's left of the lifeboats to be used & somebody for the love of god work out how to read that Ukrainian dinghy manual pronto. It's not pretty but at least there is hope now.
The ship is sinking & going down fast, there is a chance of survival but the cold waters of relegation are lethal. Richarlison tells Frank to never let go & as the water takes them they kick for thier lives & grab a lifeline sent from the fans, A one berth floating door as it happens & Frank & Everton survive thier ordeal. Richarlison will forever be remembered for painting us like one of those french girls as he sinks down south.

Benitez sank the ship in admittedly rocky waters. Lampard never even got the chance to sail it properly. All he did was save us. That's why the 18 games each are not comparable & why Franks 16th is better than Benitez's.
Magnificent!

Agreed mate hes a superb talent.

If he was that good he’d be getting in Chelsea’s team, and would certainly have been first name on the team sheet for Norwich last season. The reality is that he’s neither. He’s probably further down the pecking order at Chelsea than Winks is at Spurs.

He just doesn’t have the physique to be a Premier League central midfielder. Don’t know where he’ll end up but that’s always going to hold him back from being a top player for me.
Disagree. Not to judge a play in single game isolation or anything, but wasn't he MOTM in his 1st/2nd/3rd games against LFC and Arsenal a few years back?!? (sure I remember that right; roughly speaking). Dominated the show. Didn't look out of place at all.

I think he's suffered by going to mickey mouse Norwich, a club that has zero interest in competing in the Prem, just existing, banking the tv money, plodding along as 21st best team etc. Not saying he'd become a Pirlo with us, but no doubt in my mind he could easy be a mainstay in CFC's midfield for 10 years, hence why I hope we get him first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back