Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold on, there’s a difference between “getting rid” of youth players and actually selling them on for significant fees and making money from them. Look at some of the fees all of those clubs get for their youth players, you just can’t compare that to us releasing a batch of 10 every year and every 5 years getting £2m for a Ty Browning. Since Rooney we’ve only sold 2 academy products for decent fees, Rodwell and Barkley.
Exactly right.

Hold on, there’s a difference between “getting rid” of youth players and actually selling them on for significant fees and making money from them. Look at some of the fees all of those clubs get for their youth players, you just can’t compare that to us releasing a batch of 10 every year and every 5 years getting £2m for a Ty Browning. Since Rooney we’ve only sold 2 academy products for decent fees, Rodwell and Barkley.

Well that’s different isn’t it. The original post was talking about players coming into the first team. It wasn’t about selling players.

The top clubs have more of a pull, can throw more money at it, and therefore attract better kids, they’ll inevitably get more good players that they can sell. The other thing is they don’t need these players.

If we got a crop of good youngsters through everyone would be straight in the squad. Chelsea could sell Gallagher Gilmour Abraham and it wouldn’t make a difference to them.

So unless we’re suddenly going to spend the money to become a top club, massively invest in our academy, then we might be able to sell the academy players we don’t need, but in the meantime it’s bringing players through into the first team at the same rate other clubs do.

This is just looking for a problem where one doesn’t exist. Everton’s problem is not it’s academy.

EAFF39C9-5BC0-4712-95A5-C5728CEE185E.png

Digne and Carlos could be good buys mate, but they are very reminiscent to what we did. Ings as well.

Not bad signings, but if doesnt work out, you end up with some challenges.
I agree, it could all go belly up, next season is going to be a big season for a lot of clubs trying to push forward and trying to avoid relegation. Leeds are are very unknown quantity. I will give Slippy a pass on signing Ings as he was signed by Smith, I am not overly happy with Ings as a signing but he is not the worst to have on the bench albeit a very expensive one.

I can't see villa finishing ahead of us next season. Everton are just better
I don't think I agree with that. I think you guys need a striker, a CM, a DM and a couple more defenders before you can start feeling comfortable about your position in the PL, particularly a defender, a DM and a striker. If you get those in during this window you should be looking at a top half finish, otherwise, I think it will be a tough season for you.

The last 20 odd pages have been erm, interesting. @ForeverBlue92 you made this comparison that Benitez & Lampard both had 18 games so why is Lampard's 16th position more acceptable than Benitez's 16th league position. I'm fairly certain you have expressed this same point many times before too.

If Everton are likened to the Titanic, Carlo sailed through the cold waters, saw the danger ahead & jumped ship. Benitez then took the helm & looked confident at first but then sailed us straight into an iceberg. "Tis but a scratch" claimed Benitez & carried on but the damage was done. 18 Premier league games with a massive gash in the side & Benitez deciding to take it out on the lifeboats, tell the passengers the lifeboats are useless & ditch some in the sea to be replaced by a foreign dinghy that came with a torn up manual no one can understand.
By now the ship is in deep deep trouble & the bow is very much starting to point upwards. Finally Benitez has gone & Frank has taken the helm but it's really not looking good & the ship is breaking & the damage has been done. Frank issues what's left of the lifeboats to be used & somebody for the love of god work out how to read that Ukrainian dinghy manual pronto. It's not pretty but at least there is hope now.
The ship is sinking & going down fast, there is a chance of survival but the cold waters of relegation are lethal. Richarlison tells Frank to never let go & as the water takes them they kick for thier lives & grab a lifeline sent from the fans, A one berth floating door as it happens & Frank & Everton survive thier ordeal. Richarlison will forever be remembered for painting us like one of those french girls as he sinks down south.

Benitez sank the ship in admittedly rocky waters. Lampard never even got the chance to sail it properly. All he did was save us. That's why the 18 games each are not comparable & why Franks 16th is better than Benitez's.
This is wonderful

Im constantly wrong.

Its a forum mate, a place where people express their views, I have complete faith in my views and defend them as strongly as I can.

That doesnt make me right all the time, it just makes me confident in what I say, im more than willing and often do admit when im wrong.

Regards Gordon, I felt as tho he could have shown more end product last season, this season im expecting vastly more output.
I'm in the same boat , his decision making and end product need to massively improve. The club and a lot of fans seem to building enormous pressure on him , which could easily back fire on us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back