Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Different point completely but not entirely true either. The only player that Slippy has bought that could be compared to the Everton model is Couthino, and even at, he only cost us 17m. The comparable players over 27 that he signed were all 1st choice players that their teams and nor did they not want to sell them. Kamara is only 22 years old and was a free transfer. Chambers was also signed on a free. Carlos and Digne are the players I assume u are referring to and neither of those appears to be looking for their final payday. Also, Villa is continuing to spend multiple millions each season purchasing up and coming 16 to 18 year olds and these are starting to break through to the 1st team (Ross Wilson a couple of weeks ago joined the Villa u23s). Of course, only time will tell, but there does appear to be a balance between younger and older players joining under Slippy's tenure.

Digne and Carlos could be good buys mate, but they are very reminiscent to what we did. Ings as well.

Not bad signings, but if doesnt work out, you end up with some challenges.

The last 20 odd pages have been erm, interesting. @ForeverBlue92 you made this comparison that Benitez & Lampard both had 18 games so why is Lampard's 16th position more acceptable than Benitez's 16th league position. I'm fairly certain you have expressed this same point many times before too.

If Everton are likened to the Titanic, Carlo sailed through the cold waters, saw the danger ahead & jumped ship. Benitez then took the helm & looked confident at first but then sailed us straight into an iceberg. "Tis but a scratch" claimed Benitez & carried on but the damage was done. 18 Premier league games with a massive gash in the side & Benitez deciding to take it out on the lifeboats, tell the passengers the lifeboats are useless & ditch some in the sea to be replaced by a foreign dinghy that came with a torn up manual no one can understand.
By now the ship is in deep deep trouble & the bow is very much starting to point upwards. Finally Benitez has gone & Frank has taken the helm but it's really not looking good & the ship is breaking & the damage has been done. Frank issues what's left of the lifeboats to be used & somebody for the love of god work out how to read that Ukrainian dinghy manual pronto. It's not pretty but at least there is hope now.
The ship is sinking & going down fast, there is a chance of survival but the cold waters of relegation are lethal. Richarlison tells Frank to never let go & as the water takes them they kick for thier lives & grab a lifeline sent from the fans, A one berth floating door as it happens & Frank & Everton survive thier ordeal. Richarlison will forever be remembered for painting us like one of those french girls as he sinks down south.

Benitez sank the ship in admittedly rocky waters. Lampard never even got the chance to sail it properly. All he did was save us. That's why the 18 games each are not comparable & why Franks 16th is better than Benitez's.
(insert ovation gif here) ?

Only in an Everton transfer forum would this appear. Must admit I found it more interesting than actual transfer news ?
images.webp

"d'ya hear that, Simon?! deadline day buggery! my word, whatever next?!?..."

Why do some on here hero worship Lampard ?

Are they Chelsea plants ?

Benitez had a summer spend of £1.7 million, Lampard will have drastically more.

Benitez left the club in 16th, Lampard had 18 games and kept us in 16th.

I dont hero worship Benitez likewise I dont hero worship Lampard, I support both and look at each of their circumstances objectively.

If anyone accepts 16th this coming season but claimed it wasn't good enough last season then they are hypocrites imo.

I stated 10th-12th was acceptable under Benitez and it still is in my eyes under Lampard because I dont pick and choose which EFC manager I want to see succeed.

I’ll support any manager because that’s best for the club.

But I genuinely want it to work for Lampard too due to his connection with the fans.
Why do some on here hero worship Lampard ?

Are they Chelsea plants ?

Benitez had a summer spend of £1.7 million, Lampard will have drastically more.

Benitez left the club in 16th, Lampard had 18 games and kept us in 16th.

I dont hero worship Benitez likewise I dont hero worship Lampard, I support both and look at each of their circumstances objectively.

If anyone accepts 16th this coming season but claimed it wasn't good enough last season then they are hypocrites imo.

I stated 10th-12th was acceptable under Benitez and it still is in my eyes under Lampard because I dont pick and choose which EFC manager I want to see succeed.

I like Lampard, I’d support any manager because its the best thing for Everton but this is the most connected Iv felt to a manager at Everton since Moyes. I really hope Lampard does well and is with us for a long time.

I didn’t want Benitez but I supported him until I couldn’t. But you can’t compare his record at Everton to Lampards. Both completely different circumstances.

With any manager it’s all about progress and moving forward, there was no progress under Benitez.

The quotes speak for themselves mate. The context is that you said 2 players in 5-7 years was ‘pitiful’ and then in your very next post said you thought a player every 2/3 years was fine.

In reality you clearly want us to either have a player coming through every year or think everyone who comes through should be a Rooney, because it’s quite clear that we are producing PL level players every couple of years whether you look at the last 2, 5, 10 or 20 years.

Only one of us is being disingenuous.
The out of context quotes.

Let me ask you this then, are we getting good value from our academy? Are we using it in the way a top club should?

As you are the one with the interest in Villa's transfer strategy (it was u that brought it into the discussion), I suggest that you keep yourself informedas to its progress.
Who is this Informedas Villa are signing and how did we miss out on him, #ThelwellOut

Different point completely but not entirely true either. The only player that Slippy has bought that could be compared to the Everton model is Couthino, and even at, he only cost us 17m. The comparable players over 27 that he signed were all 1st choice players that their teams and nor did they not want to sell them. Kamara is only 22 years old and was a free transfer. Chambers was also signed on a free. Carlos and Digne are the players I assume u are referring to and neither of those appears to be looking for their final payday. Also, Villa is continuing to spend multiple millions each season purchasing up and coming 16 to 18 year olds and these are starting to break through to the 1st team (Ross Wilson a couple of weeks ago joined the Villa u23s). Of course, only time will tell, but there does appear to be a balance between younger and older players joining under Slippy's tenure.

Big fan of the way you call him Slippy btw.

The out of context quotes.

Let me ask you this then, are we getting good value from our academy? Are we using it in the way a top club should?

How does a top club use it?

City have Foden and….:

Liverpool had Gerrard Carragher then a massive gap until TAA had come along. Not many others are coming through to have a first team spot there.

United had the class of 92 then a huge gap to Lingard and Rashford

Spurs have Kane

Arsenal have a few more lads in the team now but they’re a long way off, and prior to Saka Smith Rowe then Wilshere was their only academy player for ages

Chelsea had Terry a huge gap and now have James and Mount in the first team

So they keep the odd one or two every ten or so years that make it and then get rid of the rest which is pretty much what we do except we probably give the ones who aren’t good enough more of a go also because we haven’t got any better options half the time.

How does a top club use it?

City have Foden and….:

Liverpool had Gerrard Carragher then a massive gap until TAA had come along. Not many others are coming through to have a first team spot there.

United had the class of 92 then a huge gap to Lingard and Rashford

Spurs have Kane

Arsenal have a few more lads in the team now but they’re a long way off, and prior to Saka Smith Rowe then Wilshere was their only academy player for ages

Chelsea had Terry a huge gap and now have James and Mount in the first team

So they keep the odd one or two every ten or so years that make it and then get rid of the rest which is pretty much what we do except we probably give the ones who aren’t good enough more of a go also because we haven’t got any better options half the time.

Hold on, there’s a difference between “getting rid” of youth players and actually selling them on for significant fees and making money from them. Look at some of the fees all of those clubs get for their youth players, you just can’t compare that to us releasing a batch of 10 every year and every 5 years getting £2m for a Ty Browning. Since Rooney we’ve only sold 2 academy products for decent fees, Rodwell and Barkley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back