Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the situation is that we are managing our available finances with regard to an ongoing need to stay within the financial constraints of P/S.
I would suppose that even with the sale Richarlison and the freeing up of wages we still have to conserve our finances to prevent us reaching our limit once again.
It would be foolish to blow everything on one player when we need multiple players and equally foolish to rack up our spending to the hilt once again in one transfer window,
At least that’s my take on it.

Can we sign someone under 33 instead?
Huge improvement, still mobile, into his last year of contract, knows the club and a few of the players. Will play every game. Capable.
We're scurrying round looking to spend cash dollaz on a ''hopefully'' punt.
When are we gonna be good to ourselves and take an easier option...

Dont think you can call any 20 year old a Championship player.

Not a fan of Gilmour, based solely on that Norwich loan, but I certainly wouldnt be putting him in the trash just yet.

He shouldn't be our problem. Let someone else discover his *genius*.

Unreal how some people think that because he had a few games for Chelsea he's a player we should be interested in...the same people who think that probably scream blue murder at the thought of Barkley coming back here.

I really dont think Lampard will be looking to bring in him if he can at all help it. We need tried and tested PL quality here not a hopeful punt on some feller who's blown two chances in the division.

George Michael
Morgan Gibbs-White -
@SportsPeteO
Maxwell Cornet - Mike McGrath

Andrew Ridgeley
Aster Vranckx
- Loic Tanzi

Pepsi & Shirlie
Gavin Bazunu -
Daniel McDonnell ** Cameron Carter-Vickers - Larry Henry Jr ** Jack Harrison - Graeme Bailey ** Valentin Castellanos - tuttomercatoweb ** Conor Gallagher - Dean Jones ** Armando Broja - Dean Jones ** Miguel Almiron - Roberto Rojas ** Levi Colwill - Ekrem Konur ** Eric Ramires - SportsWitness ** Palhinha - RecordPT ** Chris Maxwell - LancsLive ** Cheick Doucoure - Charlie Parker-Turner ** Christian Eriksen - Simon Jones ** Brennan Johnson - Miguel Delaney ** Kalidou Koulibaly - Dylan Walsh ** Clement Lenglet - @Sport ** Kristoffer Ajer - The Athletic ** James Garner - The Athletic ** Manor Solomon - tuttomercatoweb ** Adrien Truffert - RMC ** Kim Min-Jae - Sabah Gazetesi ** Ben Mee - MirrorAnderson ** Jesse Lingard - La Gazzetta dello Sport ** Billy Gilmour - Paul Brown ** Stephy Mavididi - FabrizioRomano ** Luka Milivojevic - sportimegreece ** Steven Bergwijn - Simon Jones ** Ruben Loftus-Cheek - Adrian Kajumba ** Adama Traore - Football Insider ** Juan Cuadrado - calciomercato ** Georginio Rutter - BenjWin ** Jamie Cumming - Simon Phillips ** Luka Jovic - Teamtalk ** Otávio - Eljogo ** Matheus Nunes - footmercato ** Zaidu Sanusi - Record_Portugal ** Dwight McNeil - Graeme Bailey ** Hamza Choudhury - Tom Hopkinson ** Owen Wijndal - @MikeVerweij ** Pape Abou Cissé - Ekrem Konur ** Andrey Santos - Le10Sport ** Luca Pellegrini - Corriere dello ** Georginio Wijnaldum - psvreport ** Tino Anjorin - Simon Phillips ** Lucas Moura - Matt Law ** Tanguy Ndombele - Greame Bailey ** Matt Doherty - Greame Bailey ** Jack Clarke - Greame Bailey ** Joe Rodon - Alex Crook ** El Bilal Toure - Greame Bailey ** Keane Lewis-Potter - El Bobble ** Harry Winks - Matt Law ** Oleksandr Zinchenko - The Athletic ** Tyler Adams - Bild ** Andrea Belotti - Daily Mail ** Luis Sinisterra - telegraaf ** Mohamed Bayo - footmercato ** Emmanuel Dennis - @louorns ** Rodrigo Becão - Rich Jones ** Amadou Onana - El Bobble ** Japhet Tanganga - @Glongari ** Kyle Walker-Peters - Maddocks ** Charles De Ketelaere - Gazzetta dello Sport ** Edin Dzeko - La Gazzetta dello Sport ** Anass Salah Edinne - Mike Verweij ** Benjamin Bourigeaud - tuttomercatoweb **Marcus Tavernier - Greame Bailey ** Jean-Clair Todibo - Nice_Matin **

giphy.gif

Simon Le Bon
James Tarkowski
- Matt Law

You see the variance is huge. You might say the Pep Barca team was built around Messi and you wouldn’t be wrong, personally I think it was built around Xavi and Inesta.

I take your point on match winners and of course you need them, but a team for me is built around the sum of its parts, to use an overused analogy it’s like building a house, you start from the ground up, then develop the style, identity etc.

Personaly I don’t think teams are built around one player, nor do I believe you have to build a team around one player, especially in Gilmour case, you can develop an identity or philosphey and recruit to extenuate based on that. When you look say Swansea when they were in the PL they are prob a case in point, on paper they should be no where near winning a trophy but they did, playing a pocession based model, built around the likes of De Guzman and Leon Britton in the engine room. Then there is blend no way Leicester should win the PL on paper but did.

Many different ways of skinning a cat, many different ways of playing football.
I’ve explained numerous times that this is exactly the point I’m making. Evidently I haven’t done a very good job of it because people keep agreeing with me while vehemently arguing that they’re not.

He shouldn't be our problem. Let someone else discover his *genius*.

Unreal how some people think that because he had a few games for Chelsea he's a player we should be interested in...the same people who think that probably scream blue murder at the thought of Barkley coming back here.

I really dont think Lampard will be looking to bring in him if he can at all help it. We need tried and tested PL quality here not a hopeful punt on some feller who's blown two chances in the division.
Meh, not really a fan so not gonna defend the lad too much, but writing him off at 20 is a bit silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back