Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go and get Gana, its very simple. I don't care about his church or views, I want our defence shored up.
On it's own that one move will benefit us hugely.
Would he even come back? I reckon PSG would sell but he's a few years older and I don't think he would cover the incredible amount of ground he used to.

Ok, here's the paradox.

We hate the 35% possession sitting deep approach.

We want to be a team that controls possession on the front foot.

Yet someone like Gilmour we don't want because his attributes suit a team with possession that doesn't sit deep.

And we wonder why year after year we end up resorting to 35-40% games and sitting deep....

Eventually you have to bring in players who can actually play the way you want. Rather than always 'trying' to shoehorn in players who can't and defaulting to the same old same old

This is the hub really.

The other caveat is, if you make the change too soon, it falls apart. A bit like late Martinez.

It's a really tough dilemma for Lampard and not one I envy.

I'd also add though, Lampard is not an Ancelotti, or an Allardyce, who can conjure up lots of different ways to play. Young coaches like him will have a system, and will be at their best putting it in.

We'll certainly have a restricted budget this summer.

The mad ting is our fans have done nothing but moan in recent summers about us lashing money around and overpaying for players - now they moan when the club takes the time out to negotiate for a lower fee.

The club cannot win with our fans lol
The fans want sound sensible signings but when when we're so hindered by past ineptness in the transfer market we can't even offer comparable transfer fees that rival mid tier clubs and that dont involve numerous installments its justifiable for people to be irked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back