Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
He shouldn't be our problem. Let someone else discover his *genius*.

Unreal how some people think that because he had a few games for Chelsea he's a player we should be interested in...the same people who think that probably scream blue murder at the thought of Barkley coming back here.

I really dont think Lampard will be looking to bring in him if he can at all help it. We need tried and tested PL quality here not a hopeful punt on some feller who's blown two chances in the division.
We can’t afford tried and tested unless they ;
A/. Live locally and are free.
B/. Have been tried and tested in a failed relegation battle.
Or,
C/. Have no other available options.

Yet Lampard thought he was and when he played he did very well.

Is he starting ahead of Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic, Mount, now Gallacher and whoever they sign like Rice etc ofc not

I've seen Gilmour play twice. Once V England for Scotland, and once v us before lockdown. In both games he ran the game, and was head and shoulders above all other midfielders at the basics.

Hes obviously inconsistent, but theres a talented player there.

He shouldn't be our problem. Let someone else discover his *genius*.

Unreal how some people think that because he had a few games for Chelsea he's a player we should be interested in...the same people who think that probably scream blue murder at the thought of Barkley coming back here.

I really dont think Lampard will be looking to bring in him if he can at all help it. We need tried and tested PL quality here not a hopeful punt on some feller who's blown two chances in the division.
So you've blown a chance by not getting into a Champions League winning midfield at 19? If you reigned it in a bit people would hold more credibility with your views, but suppose that takes away from trying to be controversial in nearly every topic on the forum.

Would he even come back? I reckon PSG would sell but he's a few years older and I don't think he would cover the incredible amount of ground he used to.
If he can cover any and stay injury free hes a universe of improvement. We are starting from scratch again. We aint in the group in or on the cusp or europe, we need to get the players in to drag us up the league and stabilize us. Its a rebuild jobby, and we need to get real with where we are instead of dreaming about galacticos and owners that own countries. Going to the wire and facing relegation wasn't all that fun.

I've seen Gilmour play twice. Once V England for Scotland, and once v us before lockdown. In both games he ran the game, and was head and shoulders above all other midfielders at the basics.

Hes obviously inconsistent, but theres a talented player there.

I don't know if he's necessarily inconsistent it was just a bad loan. Norwich only ever played 4-2-3-1 and that's just not a formation you can stick him in. He needs protection.

Not having a go at Thelwell, but he could have had options for the two different outcomes.
How?

They're so vastly different mate.

And I'm not just talking about transfers here, but even the roles etc that needed to be filled on the staff, if we went down would Lampard have been sticking around or sacked? There was just so much up in the air.

The job of CB and DM has changed, every single team presses now to some extent in every game and ability to move the ball in tight spaces is now key.

Players that were good defensive prospects 2-3 years ago due to their athleticism alone are now getting found out. We have a few like this in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back