Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if we'll spend once the TV money arrives on August 1st?
It's the fair play rules - we need to concentrate on releasing deadwood to comply with being able to spend money .... hence no transfers as yet - Gomes - Mina - Gababin etc etc - if we were brave we should have sold Pickford to balance the books & buy in a decent keeper, Virginia stated he was a better keeper than Pickford now so we sign two hasbeens keepers & send him out on loan = clueless who collects the ball from a corner kick or set play situation with Rhico that would have cleared over 100 million of our books to make us comply even further .... controversial , but maybe a necessity to get midfielders in plus a Rhico replacement .....

To me Pickford is a wonderful shot stopper - but as an all round keeper he is average or even less coming out for crosses - never commands his box imo... a good price & get a top youngster in ..... any big Nevs out there ?

Last season we brought in Gray, Townsend and Begovic before the start of the season.

We have sold Richarlison to balance out our previous transfer mistakes but the addition of Tarkowski we have strengthened our defence.

Lampard now had to work with the squad in a new formation. Had we brought in 3 or 4 players I would be more positive but I believe players like Patterson, Simms and Warrington can take their opportunity in this squad.

I think we will strengthen once we return from the US but I would've preferred players in early like most clubs.

It's the fair play rules - we need to concentrate on releasing deadwood to comply with being able to spend money .... hence no transfers as yet - Gomes - Mina - Gababin etc etc - if we were brave we should have sold Pickford to balance the books & buy in a decent keeper who collects the ball from a corner kick or set play situation with Rhoco that would have cleared over 100 million of our books to make us comply even further .... controversial , but maybe a necessity to get midfielders in plus a Rhico replacement .....

To me Pickford is a wonderful shot stopper - but as an all round keeper he is average or even less coming out for crosses - never commands his box imo

Yes Joey, selling the player that pretty much kept us up last season with about 6 mom performances in the last 10-12 games to reduce FPP - which we don't actually have any problem with would be controversial and extremely idiotic.

Again fur the umpteenth time, FPP has nothing to do with us, it applies to teams in European competition, our issue is with P&S rules of the premier league.

It's the fair play rules - we need to concentrate on releasing deadwood to comply with being able to spend money .... hence no transfers as yet - Gomes - Mina - Gababin etc etc - if we were brave we should have sold Pickford to balance the books & buy in a decent keeper, Virginia stated he was a better keeper than Pickford now so we sign two hasbeens keepers & send him out on loan = clueless who collects the ball from a corner kick or set play situation with Rhico that would have cleared over 100 million of our books to make us comply even further .... controversial , but maybe a necessity to get midfielders in plus a Rhico replacement .....

To me Pickford is a wonderful shot stopper - but as an all round keeper he is average or even less coming out for crosses - never commands his box imo... a good price & get a top youngster in ..... any big Nevs out there ?

This is an odd take. Pickford has looked loads more solid for about 18 months. No other teams are in the market for a keeper and if Virginia was better than Pickford Andy sodding Lonergan wouldn't be on our books.

Carnt make an informed judgement either way but gee-whiz hardly an endorsement.........................
Billy Gilmour Chelsea training axe explained by Thomas Tuchel with Everton loan an option The Scotland international has been released from the club's first-team training camp in Las Vagas.

Billy Gilmour has struggled to impress Thomas Tuchel at Chelsea Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel has shed some light on his decision to axe Billy Gilmour from the first team's pre-season training squad in America.

The Scotland international looks set for another loan spell away from Stamford Bridge after being sent to train with the club's development side, who are also being put through their paces in the States. The former Rangers youngster endured a disappointing spell with Norwich last season and was even booed by his own fans as the Canaries suffered relegation.

Chelsea extended his contract until 2024, but the 21-year-old has been unable to win over boss Tuchel and has been released from the senior squad alongside fellow youngsters Armando Broja, Harvey Vale, and Tino Anjorin.

Tuchel told Chelsea TV: "It was a very difficult decision because nobody deserves to go and I would've loved to have everybody here because Tino, Harvey and Billy train at really a high level and it would've been nice to see them in some matches.

"In the end we had to take the decision to keep the quality up high in training so we decided for 24 players as a maximum and that's why we made the group a bit smaller."

Hopefully we can look to get Anjorin as well if hes not needed.

Yes Joey, selling the player that pretty much kept us up last season with about 6 mom performances in the last 10-12 games to reduce FPP - which we don't actually have any problem with would be controversial and extremely idiotic.

Again fur the umpteenth time, FPP has nothing to do with us, it applies to teams in European competition, our issue is with P&S rules of the premier league.
He kept us up in the last 6 games , but how about the gifts he made coming out for the ball earlier on in the season ? A corner was like a pen for the opposition ....

Not really it doesn't apply to younger players
"The cap does not apply to players aged 21 and under, or players who are “club trained” – so those who have been with either their current club or another in the same national association for at least three years between the ages of 15-21. These are usually referred to in the Premier League as “homegrown” players."

Not really it doesn't apply to younger players

I dont know what the cut off is for young player though mate. I'd imagine it is 21? Either way they loan a lot of lads out, and it's going to cut the supply massively.

In practical terms, it means they probably have to prioritise sales over endless loans, and could lead to them accepting less money.

I also think if Virginia was better than Pickford mate or even remotely close, then maybe Sporting would have played him or be willing to buy him for more than a ham sandwich

I also think if Virginia was better than Pickford mate or even remotely close, then maybe Sporting would have played him or be willing to buy him for more than a ham sandwich
Look my suggestion was fetching revenue in & getting a large wage earner off the books - as a necessity to purchase players for the manager as the money we have wasted has hampered us big style signing players - other teams know this, so we are easily out bid - not because we are skit because of the fair play rules ... we need to get rid of deadwood too .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back