Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yeah. We had to sell Calvert-Lewin, Richarlison or Pickford for upwards of £50m.

We don't need to sell the other two. We have enough problem positions without creating another one.
Short memory of the goals he let in from corners early season never a complete keeper imo
Plus we have not signed no one since Rhico went the problem is the fair play rules .......clubs know our limits plus we have not got rid of deadwood who are on high wages & quite happy receiving them....plus Moise Keen loan debaracle.....

Last edited:
Short memory of the goals he let in from corners early season never a complete keeper imo

I'm not sure he's to blame if nobody ever understood the manager's zonal marking system and the opposition kept getting free headers.

I do think he suffers on one on ones because he doesn't trust the defenders to deal with a situation. I don't think there's anyone better who's coming to Everton with no European football.

Very happy with Billy on loan if it happens.

Clearly played his best football under Frank, so hopefully he can bring that back out of him.

We desperately need someone who can receive the ball off the defense.

You would hope he's one of those who needs trust in him at his age to show his stuff.

Realistically if Fronk opts for a 433 next season we need at minimum 2x CM's - Gilmour on loan allowing us the funds to bring in a proper CDM with Doucoure the legs in the midfield is an improvement on what we've had in recent seasons.

Likewise this could be a ploy to push Wolves into agreeing a deal for Gibbs-White.

8 - July 2022
7- July 2023
6- July 2024.

These new rules will significantly impact on the Chelsea model of stockpiling players and then sending them out on loan.
It really won’t because those numbers are only refer to international loans both in and out and even then the maximum number doesn’t include players under the age of 21 or club trained.

We had 28 players out on loan last season of those 9 had International loans , 2 Kennedy and Ballo returned in January

Of those 9 only 5 were over the age of 21 and we had Saul in from AM on loan.

Loans within the same Football Association arent factored in even so we had 19 and only a couple ( Drinkwater and Rahman ) were either over the age of 21 or weren’t club trained.

At one time we were way way in excess of the soon to imposed numbers but the club have been moving tonward compliand for a while

You would hope he's one of those who needs trust in him at his age to show his stuff.

Realistically if Fronk opts for a 433 next season we need at minimum 2x CM's - Gilmour on loan allowing us the funds to bring in a proper CDM with Doucoure the legs in the midfield is an improvement on what we've had in recent seasons.

Likewise this could be a ploy to push Wolves into agreeing a deal for Gibbs-White.
I'd take both! We are that bad in CM.

Not wanting to read through all posts..... do we have any updates on potential new signings as seems everything has gone quiet...

Are we close at all to signing anyone?

Really like the sound of this kid from Wolfsburg.

Gilmour on loan would be ok, i guess.

Cornet (if we can even get to the release clause).

Is that all? seems MGW and Broja are not on anymore...
Where they ever?

Hopefully we can look to get Anjorin as well if hes not needed.
He was born just round the corner from me. I don’t think the club quite know what to make of him . He went to Russia then Huddersfield on loan but was supposedly going to Southampton who would have had option / obligation to buy for £15 million which seemed excess .
Looked far too good for the academy but like many youngsters just can’t seem to take the step at all or as quickly as was expected

Can't we cherry-pick the championship for some promising players instead of shelling out a fortune for old tarts like Lingard?
I'd have liked KLP from Hull, but unfortunately we didn't move swiftly enough because we were -reportedly- somewhere between Citys make shift LB, Spurs 84th choice CM and a cornetto from Burnley.

Brentord have shown how proficient they are at recruitment over the years, so that should tell you something if they went for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back