Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dithering Dave used to frustrate me no end, but in hindsight I can see he was being prudent with limited resources and wanting to know all about a player's personalty and character and temprament before signing them. No idea if we are doing that now under Lamps, but in recent years it honestly feels like we've just pulled names out a hat or played some sort of wild bingo game resulting in utterly random mishmash of transfers at 20/30/40m a pop.
I'm wondering if the fact that we're going to start triggering payments for Alli soon has something to do with it.

It’s far more likely someone from the club would be paying for bot accounts to spread false positivity around to try and take the heat off the board and owner. The other way round makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, but then look who it is that’s posting it.
No wonder we've been skint for the best part of 30 years! BK accidentally paid thousands of haters by mistake instead of hiring that Prentice bloke years ago, the baffoon!

At least that explains where the Arteta money went I guess.

I'm wondering if the fact that we're going to start triggering payments for Alli soon has something to do with it.
Almost surely it would factor in (and not just the first payment but second payment after the next 20 games I think it is, which could be shortly after the winter window).

On paper Dele may have been 'free with addons' but in reality, it's really just a £10m minimum signing with a slightly deferred payment to help our books.

No way on earth would Lamps walk. He want's to be a Prem manager, there's only 20 possible jobs, he currently has one despite not really knowing where his true level is (lot of space between 6th placed Derby in the second division and UCL with Chelsea). His time here could be make or break for him in terms of how he is viewed longterm. Needs to stay put in one job for a few years, show what he can do, build his reputation as a bonafide manager not a stopgap.

Otherwise where would be next? Norwich? Fulham? Saints? Celtic? Wont be a City / RS / ManU type club that's for sure.
To be honest it was said in jest, don't expect him to walk

It's the fair play rules - we need to concentrate on releasing deadwood to comply with being able to spend money .... hence no transfers as yet - Gomes - Mina - Gababin etc etc - if we were brave we should have sold Pickford to balance the books & buy in a decent keeper, Virginia stated he was a better keeper than Pickford now so we sign two hasbeens keepers & send him out on loan = clueless who collects the ball from a corner kick or set play situation with Rhico that would have cleared over 100 million of our books to make us comply even further .... controversial , but maybe a necessity to get midfielders in plus a Rhico replacement .....

To me Pickford is a wonderful shot stopper - but as an all round keeper he is average or even less coming out for crosses - never commands his box imo... a good price & get a top youngster in ..... any big Nevs out there ?

Agree with this on Pickford completely.
If we can sell now is the time. Get cash in, to aid transfers for other positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back