Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't afford a cannon that big or powerful unfortunately.

Might be able to borrow an extra-bouncy bouncy castle or overpowered see-saw if we move some money around?!?...
mentos-grandma.gif

I'll wager we won't play him beyond the financial trigger this season.
It wouldn't surprise me (or at least not until post January when maybe we sell 1 or 2 fringe players for a bit of cash).

Makes it all the more baffling to sign a No10 for a team that doesn't play a No10, give him best part of £100k a week, but don't play him to save money on the fee. Bonkers.

One thing that confuses me is that Arsenal have a negative net spend of about -£500m once the Zinchenko deal is accounted for over the last 5 seasons, compared to our approx -£120m. I know we’ve paid over the odds on wages and they’ve been in Europe once or twice, but they’ve not been champions league every year. They can’t be bringing in that much more revenue whilst spending so much less on wages. Surely.

It’s just baffling how they’re allowed to keep spending whilst we’re completely hamstrung.

If someone could explain it to me I’d genuinely appreciate it.
I know that they have a 60,000 seater stadium - and charge some fans £3,000 a year - but like you say, they have a negative net spend of around £400m over the past 5 years - whilst ours over the same period is about £100m

Have they generated profits of in the region of £300m more than us in the past five seasons?

One thing that confuses me is that Arsenal have a negative net spend of about -£500m once the Zinchenko deal is accounted for over the last 5 seasons, compared to our approx -£120m. I know we’ve paid over the odds on wages and they’ve been in Europe once or twice, but they’ve not been champions league every year. They can’t be bringing in that much more revenue whilst spending so much less on wages. Surely.

It’s just baffling how they’re allowed to keep spending whilst we’re completely hamstrung.

Arsenal revenue ~€367m pa
Everton revenue ~€218m pa
Per last Deloitte figures so your answer is right there

See the Echo out in the states are reporting that Andre Gomes and Nathan Broadhead weren't involved Vs Arsenal and not training with the group, you wouldn't be surprised to see either leave, or perhaps injured?

Its corrupt mate.

Pure and simple.

Worrying starting to look like Thelwell is massively out of his depth. Clearly relied massively on Mendes at Wolves and it looks like he has no real connections in the industry. I recognise a lot of the players we are trying to sell aren't very good but a good director of football finds a way to make signings - loans with an agreed transfer fee next summer for example.

Supposing we failed to add to the squad at all before the coming season, where would we finish in the league - barring injuries to key men?

I say 13th.

I'll get me coat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back