Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats per year. His -400m is over the course of a number of years, but each year they make 150m more than us. Over 3 years thats 450m

Which is what FFP was designed to do.

Allow the scab 6 lot to keep spending and keep their european revenues.

If they didn't the scab 6 would be off to the super league.

Worrying starting to look like Thelwell is massively out of his depth. Clearly relied massively on Mendes at Wolves and it looks like he has no real connections in the industry. I recognise a lot of the players we are trying to sell aren't very good but a good director of football finds a way to make signings - loans with an agreed transfer fee next summer for example.
You know his job isn’t solely transfer based right?

Arsenal’s revenue last year, in the midst of a pandemic, was £136m. Ours was £35m.

They make around £75m a year from matchday revenue, ours is about £18m

Our wages is £182m there’s is £244m

We tried to play with big boys but didn’t have the revenue to support it. It’s unbelievably poor management

There’s no conspiracy, we just have a woeful board and owner who have financially crippled us
I remember Esk saying at the time we signed Allan, Doucoure and James that we couldn't afford it. He wasn't wrong in hindsight.

Which is what FFP was designed to do.

Allow the scab 6 lot to keep spending and keep their european revenues.

If they didn't the scab 6 would be off to the super league.
The actual objective is to make the EPL as saleable an asset as possible. So if the top teams keep on buying all the best players they have more chance of success in Europe. Therefore making the epl a more attractive package for tv companies. It’s all a fix, centred around revenue for the governing body rather than sustainability of the clubs.

I remember Esk saying at the time we signed Allan, Doucoure and James that we couldn't afford it. He wasn't wrong in hindsight.
Oh he was defo right, I had my head buried in the sand.

In all honesty there’s little things we could have done to capitalise on increasing revenue. We had James Rodriguez, one of the worlds greatest players and a hero to millions in South America, and parts of America. Why we didn’t have his name on every piece of merchandise over there is unbelievable.

I would have had water bottles, bills, socks…everything produced and sold specifically for that market.

Same with Cahill, market missed; Donavan and Howard and Li Tie all those years back.

When Arsenal bought Inamoto from Japan they flooded the market with their kits and his name. Made them tens of millions just off that

They were 3 poor and short-sighted signings.

Doucoure you could argue was a success I suppose. Allan has been a real disappointment for me. And James was fun, but totally unaffordable. About the only thing Benitez got right was moving him on to cut costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back