Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Season starts soon and here we are barely surviving relegation having sold our best player and goalscorer last Season.

Should be bedding players in preseason not scrambling around for loans and klarna payments to purchase players.

We seriously need a midfield rebuild and new striker yet we have a decent free CB and frig all else. Links with Billy gilmour, Ross barley is so desperate it's actually frightening. We are in deep this season especially if Dom gets any significant injuries. Hardly any goals with what's left and you can guess we're we will end up.
If memory serves the season we finished fourth we got three in on the last day.

In future these sort of threads should be opened a day before the window shuts, as long as the current clowns are in charge Moshiri/Kenwright we will always not plan for the start of the season.

To me they have already interfered with Lampards plans for the opening fixtures as he will have to go with what we have, in where he is clearly not happy

Season starts soon and here we are barely surviving relegation having sold our best player and goalscorer last Season.

Should be bedding players in preseason not scrambling around for loans and klarna payments to purchase players.

We seriously need a midfield rebuild and new striker yet we have a decent free CB and frig all else. Links with Billy gilmour, Ross barley is so desperate it's actually frightening. We are in deep this season especially if Dom gets any significant injuries. Hardly any goals with what's left and you can guess we're we will end up.
The bigger problem is that even if we manage to bring in a creative CM and a combative DM we won't have cover for injuries and suspensions.

I don't think memory does serve.
Let me look see.

England Marcus Bent - England Ipswich Town, £450,000, 23 June
Australia Tim Cahill - England Millwall, undisclosed (estimated £2,000,000), 23 July
Australia Eddy Bosnar - Austria Sturm Graz, free, 4 August
I'd settle for another Cahill type.

Last edited:
Last season we brought in Gray, Townsend and Begovic before the start of the season.

We have sold Richarlison to balance out our previous transfer mistakes but the addition of Tarkowski we have strengthened our defence.

Lampard now had to work with the squad in a new formation. Had we brought in 3 or 4 players I would be more positive but I believe players like Patterson, Simms and Warrington can take their opportunity in this squad.

I think we will strengthen once we return from the US but I would've preferred players in early like most clubs.
Hopefully we can keep our important players fit as well , DCL in particular but last season we were also missing Tom Davies for more than half the season, Andros Townsend also and Yerry Mina was almost constantly injured.

Until Lampard arrived Alex Iwobi was a liability but was one of our best players from then on.
Mykolenko settled well but even still it was only in the last few games that he really looked as if he belonged in the premiership.

We certainly will bring in players, on loan or permanently, and if they were premiership players already then the settling in period will be shorter.

I think it is very difficult to know what Everton we will see this season.

Hopefully we can keep our important players fit as well , DCL in particular but last season we were also missing Tom Davies for more than half the season, Andros Townsend also and Yerry Mina was almost constantly injured.

Until Lampard arrived Alex Iwobi was a liability but was one of our best players from then on.
Mykolenko settled well but even still it was only in the last few games that he really looked as if he belonged in the premiership.

We certainly will bring in players, on loan or permanently, and if they were premiership players already then the settling in period will be shorter.

Townsend is a long way from fitness unfortunately, and I think it's very optimistic to think Mina can play week in week out.

If memory serves the season we finished fourth we got three in on the last day.
We only signed 3 players that summer.
Marcus Bent 23 June
Tim Cahill 23 July
Eddy Bosnar 4th August

James Beattie then arrived on 4th Jan
Mikel Arteta on 1st Feb

It was summer 2003 when it happened. McFadden, Kilbane and Jeffers all joined on 1st Sep. Nigel Martyn joined the day before.

We finished 17th

In a nutshell....

Let me look see.

England Marcus Bent - England Ipswich Town, £450,000, 23 June
Australia Tim Cahill - England Millwall, undisclosed (estimated £2,000,000), 23 July
Australia Eddy Bosnar - Austria Sturm Graz, free, 4 August
I'd settle for another Cahill type.
Yeah, I was pretty sure we'd signed them both (Bent and Cahill - I'm not counting Bosnar lol) well before Rooney went.

Vale you are very very unlikely to get he will get a loan probably to the likes of Huddersfield or that sort of standard. No where near ready for PL yet, but he will be very soon.

As I suggested elsewhere I am far from sure as to what level Anjorim is would probably demand a fee of between £5-10 million altho asvI pointed out earlier he was said to be off to Saints last season for £15 million and he is no where near worth that

Thanks mate!

Any ideas on potential fees/wages for Batshuayi? Can you see any sense in it from our perspective, with DCL at the club? Can he play as a wide forward?

Who have we missed out on ?
Posters on GOT wanting us to sign them doesn't count.
Let's get Thursday's Match out the way and see what happens from there. Bit of Luck we might see some movement in the Transfer Market next week. New Additions to our Club. Come on Toffeemen " let's do some good business " Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back