Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me look see.

England Marcus Bent - England Ipswich Town, £450,000, 23 June
Australia Tim Cahill - England Millwall, undisclosed (estimated £2,000,000), 23 July
Australia Eddy Bosnar - Austria Sturm Graz, free, 4 August
I'd settle for another Cahill type.
I think we'd all be made up of we found a new Tim Cahill. Moyes had a very good habits of finding gems, for small fee's.

They were 3 poor and short-sighted signings.

Doucoure you could argue was a success I suppose. Allan has been a real disappointment for me. And James was fun, but totally unaffordable. About the only thing Benitez got right was moving him on to cut costs.
Agreed that we absolutely couldn't afford it given what we now know about our finances, but my goodness James really added something. I was recently watching some highlights from that excellent period at the beginning of that season, and everything went through him. I think I swept it under the rug on how hard he worked when he first arrived. He dropped deep, led attacks from the front, and pinged balls across the field. He elevated Richy, Digne, Gomes, Dom and others with his confidence and ability. Not surprisingly the good times did not last and we definitely needed to get rid of him, but we are missing that type of player so badly. It's remains such a shame that those performances weren't at a packed Goodison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back