Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we don't have a lot of money at all why are we not targeting cheaper options like Jason Knight? He's in league 1, there's a 0% chance he'd rather stay there
I thought he would have been nailed on to sign especially since Lampard had him at Derby, certainly good enough to be in our squad instead of Gomes and Davies. Rumour has it that he is going to the Bundesliga.

See Gilmour on his way out of Chelsea. Seems him or Winks on loan is a deal we are pursuing. Personally I prefer Winks, Gilmour looks even less physical than Winks.

You'd think experienced scouts and coaches would have come to that conclusion before we signed him. WTAF was our scouting and coaching team on at the time.
To be fair he had a decent career afterwards playing for Fiorentina and Denmark.
He couldn’t have been that bad despite his alleged inability to head a ball.
There may be hope for Godfrey yet.

Agree with this on Pickford completely.
If we can sell now is the time. Get cash in, to aid transfers for other positions.
Awful choice this would be. Pickford kept us up last season. Was in fine form.
You sell him to ‘aid transfers’ in other positions, money from his transfer would need to be on his replacement still? I don’t get why people would be eager to get rid of Pickford so quick. Worst business we could do all window!

The Prem currently is still signing off on all our transfer business to ensure rule compliance, isn't it? They're not going to let us spend a few more quid based on pinkyswear promises not to go toooo crazy this time. The rules are set, we knew them, we have to operate within them or fall foul of them.

As for 'wanting' us in the Prem, outside the Sky Six who generate most of the broadcast revenue and interest, I doubt they care too much who the Misc 14 happen to be from one year to the next. The Prem is still sold as a 20-team product, us being in it probably doesn't matter much more than Wolves or Saints or Wham or Fulham or Norwich in the bigger scheme of things.
I'd go as far to say the Shitty 6 don't want us in there. Us Villa and Saints were the ones who saw them off last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back