Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awful choice this would be. Pickford kept us up last season. Was in fine form.
You sell him to ‘aid transfers’ in other positions, money from his transfer would need to be on his replacement still? I don’t get why people would be eager to get rid of Pickford so quick. Worst business we could do all window!
Sorry but for me, Joey66 is right. He had a handful of decent games, objectively because he was so poor the season before it made him look better than he is.
There are still question marks over him and if is stock is high ATM I would rather replace with a decent keeper, and invest the cash in positions we really are struggling in.

Just my opinion, but the time to sell is now.

I think it's unlikely given that player sales typically account for a lot of income. Figures regarding negative net spend seem to vary a bit too depending on where you look but either way it's a big difference.

Even taking into above @navidson's more conservative estimate of -£400m to our -£100m, that still leaves about £150m unaccounted for. Find it hard to believe they can continue spending such huge amounts every year without FFP getting involved very soon.

I was looking at there numbers the other day and I think that they are close to having a problem.

Kronke has injected significant sums in the last couple of years. The massive cash reserves ( circa £200 million ) are long gone. At the start of the 2021/22 trading year they still owed around £100 million in respect of historical transfers and in the summer 21 window they spent another £120+ million. The Stadium debt has been renegotiated at a one off cost of £32 million add to that they had a COVID loan of over £100 million which has been repaid but they didn’t have the cash on deposit to do that so eith Barclays or KSE have loaned them the money to settle the debt with HM Govt

Arsenal Supporters Trust were estimating the 21/22 trading year would mean another £100+ million loss.

Barclays Bank clearly have had to advance monies because they, Barclays , have now taken a charge against just about every asset the club has and that included advance TV monies.

Theres no doubt their wage bill will have shrunk or should I say will shrink in the 22/23 trading year but they have effectively paid players like PEA to leave.This going forward is a problem because the likes of Saka who is on quite small wages will justify a rise of over £100k a week and him getting into the last two years of his contract means Arsenal will have to make a significant deces sooner or later.

They are now 5 years without CL and had the 21/2 season without a decent FA cup run nor did they have any European football whatsoever and that meant they were 7 games short of the numbers their season ticket holders have to pay for that means that their match day receipts will be massively impacted going forward ( ST holders will get a reduction/ rebate for season 22/23)

Of course they still will have very decent shirt sponsorship etc but their major sponsorship deals will be up for renewal in a season or two. AST suggest that their deal with Emeriates and Addidas will have penalty clauses for non European qualification but that will be on top of their failure to qualify for the CL.

They really haven’t generated any significant transfer income for a while and will need to get players out of the door but they just don’t seem to be able to sell at decent value . For instance Guendozi who is now a full French International wont generate £15million

Right.

So....

Cornet - incoming.
Gilmour / Winks - one of the 2 incoming.

That leaves loads of room for the Simms of the world to make a go at it. I'm not particularly arsed if there's not loads of signings. Everton's profligate spending with very little return militates slow windows like this one. All good with giving some youngsters a little run.

Chelsea will needs outs after they've finished spending (looks like Kounde and de Jong will follow Sterling and Koulibaly). I'm sensing a cheeky loan for Gallagher towards the end of the transfer window. That said, I am the optimistic sort.
Forget about that when Billy Gilly arrives this week.

I can't see anything but late deals to be honest. Think there is probably some truth in all of the rumoured interest in that we are trying to work out the best way to spend our limited money and address all the positions we need to. I'd assume that we almost want 2-3 deals lined up before we complete them.

Frank has shown us he can be pragmatic and I think a lot of how we will play will be based on targets and who we can land. Maybe that's why we've been linked with a whole host of different types of players.

I dont really know what I'm rambling on about but I guess it's a way of trying go convince myself not to panic when the season starts and we haven't signed anyone.

Sorry but for me, Joey66 is right. He had a handful of decent games, objectively because he was so poor the season before it made him look better than he is.
There are still question marks over him and if is stock is high ATM I would rather replace with a decent keeper, and invest the cash in positions we really are struggling in.

Just my opinion, but the time to sell is now.
And replace him with who? That would be a decent keeper for cheap and leave us with money to spare to invest elsewhere?

Would make us a lot weaker on the field if this would happen.

Right.

So....

Cornet - incoming.
Gilmour / Winks - one of the 2 incoming.

That leaves loads of room for the Simms of the world to make a go at it. I'm not particularly arsed if there's not loads of signings. Everton's profligate spending with very little return militates slow windows like this one. All good with giving some youngsters a little run.
It’s great seeing some youngsters getting a game. If we are forced to promote some it could be a real positive. The worst that happens is tgey are not at the grade yet. Their value will increase from the exposure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back