Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gilmour is 5 years younger, far far more potential, will be massively lower in wages and has resale value if he flops winks doesn't, if both kicked on then Gilmour has way more value than winks.

Both coming off a poor year, but one was in a horrendous Norwich side the other in a very good spurs side.

Gilmour every day of the week given the choice

Gotta chuckle at the writing off of BG because he didn't do much of note in a Norwich pub-level team, but apparently Max Aarons was/is a fine RB prospect.

Any deal for BG is almost certainly going to be a loan, therefore no big risk. I'd rather that than poop ourselves at 11.55pm deadline day and send £10m back to Spurs for their 17th choice CM.

Think they’ll push through SOMETHING before the weekend. They’ll know all about the planned protest outside Goodison on Saturday so will look to take the wind out of the protesters sails by making a signing before then. We know how they work by now.

Gilmour is 5 years younger, far far more potential, will be massively lower in wages and has resale value if he flops winks doesn't, if both kicked on then Gilmour has way more value than winks.

Both coming off a poor year, but one was in a horrendous Norwich side the other in a very good spurs side.

Preferring Gilmour over Winks: that's just tuppence ha'penny looking down on tuppence.

No club with any ambition would touch either with a very long excrement-tipped stick.

Yeah if we didn't have Lampard and Edwards I might lean towards Winks because he's currently a better player. But if we're able to bring in a few other players and aren't relying on him to be our one major midfield addition (I know not looking likely right now) then yeah I agree Gilmour every time. He had a few phenomenal games under their coaching and looked like a really top prospect. I don't care that much about his size. It helps to have more height and strength but it's not essential if you're good with the ball. Verratti is even smaller for one example. I think some people need to go back and watch his highlights from the 19-20 season, including when he won MOTM against us.

The bigger question is: will his loan at Norwich impact his confidence and momentum to the point where he couldn't contribute straight away or was it an anomaly? If anyone can hazard a guess I would trust Lampard to be the one to do so.

Think they’ll push through SOMETHING before the weekend. They’ll know all about the planned protest outside Goodison on Saturday so will look to take the wind out of the protesters sails by making a signing before then. We know how they work by now.
I was thinking the exact same thing earlier. Even if we don’t have anyone in by then, there will be stories of us ‘close’ to agreeing a fee with someone for a player, as you say, we know how they work now they will want to try and keep the unrest to a minimum.

But if we are going for one you pick younger and on less wages.
No, you ignore the pair of them and get better in.

Your attitude epitomises how low we've sunk to.

It's a fait accompli that we *have to* accept trash and STFU about it now.

No chance.

No, you ignore the pair of them and get better in.

Your attitude epitomises how low we've sunk to.

It's a fait accompli that we *have to* accept trash and STFU about it now.

No chance.
Who are you suggesting David?

Our DoF is busy following his team around the world so its up to Frank to pick up some players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back