Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal revenue ~€367m pa
Everton revenue ~€218m pa
Per last Deloitte figures so your answer is right there
They're going to need to get CL soon though...but until Conte and Tuchel combust I think they're living in 5th-6th. Won't matter because it's Arsenal, though, they'd never get punished. Unlike us who are dancing on a fence top while getting battered by pellets.

He was born just round the corner from me. I don’t think the club quite know what to make of him . He went to Russia then Huddersfield on loan but was supposedly going to Southampton who would have had option / obligation to buy for £15 million which seemed excess .
Looked far too good for the academy but like many youngsters just can’t seem to take the step at all or as quickly as was expected

It's a huge jump for Chelsea mate.

You and City have the best academies (by far) but the jump up is huge. For clubs like us, it presents an opportunity. I'd like to see us try and strike up good relations with you both.

Carnt make an informed judgement either way but gee-whiz hardly an endorsement.........................
Billy Gilmour Chelsea training axe explained by Thomas Tuchel with Everton loan an option The Scotland international has been released from the club's first-team training camp in Las Vagas.

Billy Gilmour has struggled to impress Thomas Tuchel at Chelsea Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel has shed some light on his decision to axe Billy Gilmour from the first team's pre-season training squad in America.

The Scotland international looks set for another loan spell away from Stamford Bridge after being sent to train with the club's development side, who are also being put through their paces in the States. The former Rangers youngster endured a disappointing spell with Norwich last season and was even booed by his own fans as the Canaries suffered relegation.

Chelsea extended his contract until 2024, but the 21-year-old has been unable to win over boss Tuchel and has been released from the senior squad alongside fellow youngsters Armando Broja, Harvey Vale, and Tino Anjorin.

Tuchel told Chelsea TV: "It was a very difficult decision because nobody deserves to go and I would've loved to have everybody here because Tino, Harvey and Billy train at really a high level and it would've been nice to see them in some matches.

"In the end we had to take the decision to keep the quality up high in training so we decided for 24 players as a maximum and that's why we made the group a bit smaller."

An utter wrongun.

I know that they have a 60,000 seater stadium - and charge some fans £3,000 a year - but like you say, they have a negative net spend of around £400m over the past 5 years - whilst ours over the same period is about £100m

Have they generated profits of in the region of £300m more than us in the past five seasons?
I think it's unlikely given that player sales typically account for a lot of income. Figures regarding negative net spend seem to vary a bit too depending on where you look but either way it's a big difference.

Arsenal revenue ~€367m pa
Everton revenue ~€218m pa
Per last Deloitte figures so your answer is right there
Even taking into above @navidson's more conservative estimate of -£400m to our -£100m, that still leaves about £150m unaccounted for. Find it hard to believe they can continue spending such huge amounts every year without FFP getting involved very soon.

See the Echo out in the states are reporting that Andre Gomes and Nathan Broadhead weren't involved Vs Arsenal and not training with the group, you wouldn't be surprised to see either leave, or perhaps injured?
I'd be surprised if anyone was mentally ill enough to offer to pay Andre Gomes a lot of money to masquerade as a professional footballer for them.

And not much surprises me in football anymore.

I think it's unlikely given that player sales typically account for a lot of income. Figures regarding negative net spend seem to vary a bit too depending on where you look but either way it's a big difference.

Even taking into above @navidson's more conservative estimate of -£400m to our -£100m, that still leaves about £150m unaccounted for. Find it hard to believe they can continue spending such huge amounts every year without FFP getting involved very soon.
Thats per year. His -400m is over the course of a number of years, but each year they make 150m more than us. Over 3 years thats 450m

Your depression is here mate!

Cheer us up a bit, any chance of Anjorim and/or Vale? What sort of fee would Chelsea want?
Vale you are very very unlikely to get he will get a loan probably to the likes of Huddersfield or that sort of standard. No where near ready for PL yet, but he will be very soon.

As I suggested elsewhere I am far from sure as to what level Anjorim is would probably demand a fee of between £5-10 million altho asvI pointed out earlier he was said to be off to Saints last season for £15 million and he is no where near worth that

One thing that confuses me is that Arsenal have a negative net spend of about -£500m once the Zinchenko deal is accounted for over the last 5 seasons, compared to our approx -£120m. I know we’ve paid over the odds on wages and they’ve been in Europe once or twice, but they’ve not been champions league every year. They can’t be bringing in that much more revenue whilst spending so much less on wages. Surely.

It’s just baffling how they’re allowed to keep spending whilst we’re completely hamstrung.

If someone could explain it to me I’d genuinely appreciate it.
Arsenal’s revenue last year, in the midst of a pandemic, was £136m. Ours was £35m.

They make around £75m a year from matchday revenue, ours is about £18m

Our wages is £182m there’s is £244m

We tried to play with big boys but didn’t have the revenue to support it. It’s unbelievably poor management

There’s no conspiracy, we just have a woeful board and owner who have financially crippled us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back