Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
A wealthy person can give it to you, but they have to get equity in the club or buy sponsorship rights in exchange. That's why Moshiri is seeking external investment, because there's not really many levers you can pull when you own 95% of the club.
Even then it’s not quite as straight forward as that. Someone with over 10% of the total shares has to go through the old directors and owners test meaning they are then subject to issues should they try and inject capital . There are limits , I think around £105 million over 3 years

Any significant sponsorship deal will be measured against fair value as for “ someone of influence ”in the club buying sponsorship if it were that easy the likes of RA would have had many of his business sponsoring. Indeed it’s why City come under such scrutiny and up to know have been able to convince the powers that be that there isn’t a conflict however it is said that the FA still have an open investigation into certain sponsorship deals.

Evertons problems don’t stem from lack of owners resources its all about income and expenditure . Your income hasn’t really grown from areas a such as commercial and sponsorship at anything like the rate you wages and amortisation grew.

Pulisic is class, I can't see us getting him and he is similar to what Dele is, so Lampard probably wouldn't play him.

Did have his best season under Lampard mate, and he started him pretty much every game he was fit for, 33 games that season and had a great goal/assists return too 11gosls 9 assists. Played on both the left and right wing throughout the season too.

Lampard sent him pretty much a love letter via interview the other day as well.

He's on 150k pw as likely a bench warmer for them this season - just his marketing profile is that high I expect he 'has to be' at a CL team above actually plsying sadly. One of those pay his wages and you'd recoup it and more through merchandise and secondary sponsorship too.

Even then it’s not quite as straight forward as that. Someone with over 10% of the total shares has to go through the old directors and owners test meaning they are then subject to issues should they try and inject capital . There are limits , I think around £105 million over 3 years

Any significant sponsorship deal will be measured against fair value as for “ someone of influence ”in the club buying sponsorship if it were that easy the likes of RA would have had many of his business sponsoring. Indeed it’s why City come under such scrutiny and up to know have been able to convince the powers that be that there isn’t a conflict however it is said that the FA still have an open investigation into certain sponsorship deals.

Evertons problems don’t stem from lack of owners resources its all about income and expenditure . Your income hasn’t really grown from areas a such as commercial and sponsorship at anything like the rate you wages and amortisation grew.

What's your view on Pulisic mate, reckon he's off? Reckon he'd drop down to us for a season or is his profile too big to focus in football and getting back to playing over the commercial aspect of his career?

Did have his best season under Lampard mate, and he started him pretty much every game he was fit for, 33 games that season and had a great goal/assists return too 11gosls 9 assists. Played on both the left and right wing throughout the season too.

He's on 150k pw as likely a bench warmer for them this season - just his marketing profile is that high I expect he 'has to be' at a CL team above actually plsying sadly. One of those pay his wages and you'd recoup it and more through merchandise and secondary sponsorship too.

I’ve always thought he was a very good player, would be great to get him. I think we need other players behind him before Frank would be happy to play him every game.

That's because those things haven't grown since about 1994

Well, it's debatable if we actually have cash. Since the Usmanov issues, we've yet to see if there will be any further cash injections from Moshiri.

If you read Moshiri's letter to the fans, he said: "I am focused on completing the financing for our fantastic new stadium as well as strengthening the playing squad and that might include a minority investment." The fact he mentions buying players there and in the same sentence references minority investment makes me wonder if there are cash flow issues as well.

Cash flow would be a reason to have deals structured with low up front installments, but it wouldn't help us with ffp/p&s

It seems to me that cash available to buy players and FFP have to be looked at separately .

I know to a degree they are linked but Chelsea for instance sold a player (Livermento) to Southampton in the summer 21 window for a reported £7 million but to enable Chelsea to insert a significant sell on clause and a very reasonable buy back clause Southampton didn’t pay a £ of the fee till 2022 /23 season.

So Southampton showed the debt of £7 million owed to Chelsea in their latest accounts and as Livermento signed a 5 year deal in those same accounts the showed amortisation of one fifth of the fee £1.4 million .

So let’s assume you bought a player for £30 million in this window on the same terms . You wouldn’t pay any cash till 23/24 season you would show a debt but it’s the amortisation that could be the problem because if your accounts are so finely balanced you might not be able to accommodate that £6 million.

Or assume you sold Richarlinson on the same sort of deal. The player trading profit will show and just say that Spurs arent paying anything till 23/24 from FFP you will show a profit and Spurs owing you money would be reflected in the debtor column of your accounts but for FFP purposes its beneficial

What's your view on Pulisic mate, reckon he's off? Reckon he'd drop down to us for a season or is his profile too big to focus in football and getting back to playing over the commercial aspect of his career?
Flatters to deceive. When he is good he is very good but far too often runs into positions where he hits a brick wall.
Is a bit too lightweight and often injured

You can have him for £50 million .

Deal ?

He never featured in over 75% of PL games . In his three seasons it’s been 25, PL games, 27, 22. And yes his most productive year was his first but PL defenders have now seen how to defend against him. In effect stand still and he will run into you. To be fair he is quite fast but much akin to Walcott in his time at Arsenal

Correct I think. The last part anyway.

Nobody can ever criticise Moshiris commitment as he’s ploughed money in.

His ability to run a football club, have the correct board, appoint managers etc is something that can be questioned, ideally in an interrogation room.

The way forward for us is young not yet established players with upside who fit within a clear planned style of play. Unfortunately we are struggling to afford the English versions so may have to take the extra level of risk associated with Euro players in secondary leagues, if we can overcome new post Brexit work permit hurdles. I would not want Thelwell’s job right now.

Weird how we threw out a ton of money in January to stay up - now that we have stayed up, we get shy ?

Are we waiting to splurge in a panic in January again ?

I guess if we are thinking minimum then we need a Richy replacement and a DM. Then loan at least one decent ball-playing midfielder.

Weird how we threw out a ton of money in January to stay up - now that we have stayed up, we get shy ?

Are we waiting to splurge in a panic in January again ?

I guess if we are thinking minimum then we need a Richy replacement and a DM. Then loan at least one decent ball-playing midfielder.

And then we sold Richarlison on the last day of our accounting year.

I'm sure there is money to spend, but it's likely very tight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back