Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ideally sure, but most teams are going to be doing deals on/by deadline day, as always happens. I doubt any club has finished doing all their summer business at this point in July.

Indeed but there are 15 points to gain in August. That's almost half what we managed in the whole of last season. With the mid season break it's probably beneficial to get off to a good start this year rather than finish it strongly.

Would be a very bold move and a high profile one mate - i get the sense we are trying to operate under the radar financially and the PL are colluding with us a bit - think we need to be aware of the political atmosphere to with our owners links to Usminov etc. But would certainly be interesting.

Thing is, any punishment you could tie it up in legal terms for a few seasons anyways, by which time you don't care as you've had that two years to cover the eventuality, you've seen it with transfer bans youth team bans etc, where they use the appeal time to just cover fir that period.

Punishment I'm imagining would be a scale from minor fine, major fine, short term ban on transfer, longer term ban, ban on registering new contracts, points deduction at the very end.

The media stuff from usually biased or tabloid hacks throwing out the point deduction headlines when I'd say there is zero chance on earth that is remotely the first step they'd go too, it sets a huge precedent otherwise they one day could have to be enforced against a 'big 6' team.

We have a slew of horrid players who need to be ousted I know with their inflated wages and lackluster skills it's not the most attractive proposition. We need to do some Mourinho tactics say with Gomes make his ass train alone shun the garbage players I know some of them are shameless and still will be content with being paid exorbitant wages but we need to convey how unwanted they are, put pressure on them take away their locker lol make them uncomfortable so they want to leave

Needs to be 2 or 3 in before Blackpool. We have a decent start to the season in terms of fixtures and we need to start well. If we throw that away by panic signing someone like Jordan Ayew or the likes at the end of the window 5 games into the season we will be in trouble very early on.

The lights start on the 3rd September. Doubt we will get 2-3 before then.

Wasn’t great was it

The last time that I recall someth like this happening was when we played in the European super cup and Lukaku cocked his penalty up and Jose sent him out on loan.

Cant remember where he went think it was a team in Liverpool

Yeah let's hope history repeats itself ;)

I’ve come to the conclusion we need another CB. We can then get rid of either Keane or Holgate, with whoever stays being backup - only to be used in extreme emergencies.

…posters make these situations seem so straightforward, but Keane and Holgate are very ordinary footballers on extraordinary contracts. It’s doubtful many teams will want them and even more doubtful either will want to leave.

…posters make these situations seem so straightforward, but Keane and Holgate are very ordinary footballers on extraordinary contracts. It’s doubtful many teams will want them and even more doubtful either will want to leave.
We've rejected multiple bids from multiple clubs for Holgate in the past 3 years. His contract isn't the issue for him

It's whst happens when the two following things coincide - overpaying on players and then massively overpaying on wages partly due to the fee dictating wage in a lot of cases.

Then extending contracts and usually offering sizeable increases on the wage.

Yes when the latter is for a player whose excelled from a wage way below his contribution level then it's fine, but we've done it with players to 'protect investment' on players who've actually performed at or below their current wage contribution level, a player such as Holgate should have remained on his old contract and St the two year point he signs on the same or very minimal increase or he's offered around for sale - whilst on a low basic wage.

Same with the Barca lot, we brought them in and offered them not only increases on their Barca contracts for effectively being failures there, but also at a massive increase on the deals they where on when their firm was good enough to get that 'big' move.

Cornet for example I'm certain would want a massive increase on his current Burnley contract, for effectively being not that good in a team relegated, winks will want 'at least'' parity on his current wages likely an actual increase

This is the thing, say you signed someone random like Issa Diop at WHU for 20 million for four years on 85k a week (what JT is on), your adding 10 mill a season to your costs a year in wages and amortisation, at this stage Holgate and Keane have basically no amortisation, they just cost us there wage really.

Still...
Collage 2022-07-14 18_56_29.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back