Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not going to be easy but the board and owner put us in this position so it's their responsibility to find the solutions.

There are players we have who could bring in fees. Not huge fees by any means, but some money.

We can't sell DCL now because Richarlison has gone, but there are lots of players who could be let go....

Godfrey - If we're playing a high line then he needs to play because he's the only defender we have with pace. I'd be open to offers but it'd mean buying a quick CB.
Holgate - certainly, where's the interest?
Keane - see above
Mina - see above, though he's clearly our best defender
Allan - again, wages a huge issue
Davies - no interest
Gbamin - big wages
Gomes - no interest, big wages
Doucoure - only midfielder we have with any energy. We already need another one as it is so if he goes we need two.
Gray - certainly, but we already need a forward so if he goes we need two
Rondon - no interest and he's on a big wage
Simms - will be off in this window on loan

Some of those will be more difficult to move on than others, but there are ways to raise some cash, and more importantly get the wage bill down.

Any one with less than 12 months left on a contract should be told to find a new club as well. Take whatever is offered and move them on.
My responses there mate. And in summary, Everton are open to selling pretty much anybody this summer bar 2-3 players. But being open to selling isn't the same as interest being there. We aren't turning down a string of clubs offering us money for Holgate mate.

I'm not making excuses but we can safely assume that nobody wants to take Andre Gomes and his £100k a week wage mate.
Maybe not but there are ways you can make improvements or changes, even frees/loans and then players see the lack of game time available and want to move themselves... I said we needed a six and a forward for preseason to work on things, as it stands we will have nobody in for five games that's simply unacceptable in our position with a gutless squad that isn't good enough.

Tell you what mate though, Gallacher attempting an awful Paneca was probably the stupidest thing I've seen from someone trying to convince a no nonsense do the basics well coach like Tuchel
Wasn’t great was it

The last time that I recall someth like this happening was when we played in the European super cup and Lukaku cocked his penalty up and Jose sent him out on loan.

Cant remember where he went think it was a team in Liverpool

Last edited:
Any one with less than 12 months left on a contract should be told to find a new club as well. Take whatever is offered and move them on.
Ideally yes, but more and more players in their final year are perfectly content to see out their deals and move as a free agent a year down the line. Hard to shift players who don't want to go, let alone ones our DOF is unable to generate interest in.

Maybe not but there are ways you can make improvements or changes, even frees/loans and then players see the lack of game time available and want to move themselves... I said we needed a six and a forward for preseason to work on things, as it stands we will have nobody in for five games that's simply unacceptable in our position with a gutless squad that isn't good enough.
Well the one signing we have made was a free.

We offered Eriksen a deal, he obviously - and sensibly - chose United. We offered Lingard a deal, but he wants stupid wages.

The loan market is hard to judge and usually becomes more active later in the window. Look at Chelsea, for example - Tuchel wants to run the rule over Gallagher, and they'll only let Colwill go if they get another CB in. We are looking at Gilmour on loan. We tired to get Winks on loan but Spurs wanted an obligation to buy in the deal and we didn't want that.

We are trying. It's just not paying off. So of course, they need to try harder, but we just aren't in a good position at all. The board and previous managers etc are all to blame, but what can we do other than keep trying?

We offered Eriksen a deal, he obviously - and sensibly - chose United. We offered Lingard a deal, but he wants stupid wages.

The loan market is hard to judge and usually becomes more active later in the window. Look at Chelsea, for example - Tuchel wants to run the rule over Gallagher, and they'll only let Colwill go if they get another CB in. We are looking at Gilmour on loan. We tired to get Winks on loan but Spurs wanted an obligation to buy in the deal and we didn't want that.

We are trying. It's just not paying off. So of course, they need to try harder, but we just aren't in a good position at all. The board and previous managers etc are all to blame, but what can we do other than keep trying?

Let other people have a go at running the club

You make something happen, there is room on the wage budget after we released a few big earners and we must have a small amount to spend, but we are looking at the expensive EPL market again, there are players in other leagues we could pick up reasonably with good scouting. Weakening yourself then making excuses isn't an answer. I just see more gross failure and incompetence at every level. As it stands we will be fighting for our lives again all season.

Let other people have a go at running the club
I mean I want that to happen too but what does that even mean at this stage?

If Moshiri sold up, which he now isn't going to it looks like, it doesn't change our financial situation.

Everton are penny pinching because they have no choice. Not because Bill or Farhad are being tight. They're all useless, I want them out, but let's not cross wires here. We're up the creek without a paddle because of these muppets and the mess is going to take a lot of time to sort out.

You make something happen, we are looking at the EPL market again, there are players in other leagues we could pick up reasonably. Weakening yourself then making excuses isn't an answer. I just see more gross failure and incompetence at every level. As it stands we will be fighting for our lives again all season.
Again, I agree - we should be looking elsewhere. There's interest in the midfielder at Wolfsburg. Again, they are under no pressure to sell and we only have limited resources. Similarly, Onana at Lille - but they want big money.

We looked at the Championship. We went for KLP but Hull had no need to take our puny downpayment offer. And the same it seems is going for Burnley with Cornet, who wants to come.

You can be as angry as you like, and I'm very much frustrated, but that won't change the facts of the situation, to paraphrase a certain Spaniard who helped get us into this mess.

Again, I agree - we should be looking elsewhere. There's interest in the midfielder at Wolfsburg. Again, they are under no pressure to sell and we only have limited resources.

We looked at the Championship. We went for KLP but Hull had no need to take our puny downpayment offer. And the same it seems is going for Burnley with Cornet, who wants to come.

You can be as angry as you like, and I'm very much frustrated, but that won't change the facts of the situation, to paraphrase a certain Spaniard who helped get us into this mess.
Maybe not but those responsible need to go or nothing will ever change. The circumstances are tough yes but doing nothing is not an answer either

If Moshiri sold up, which he now isn't going to it looks like, it doesn't change our financial situation.

Everton are penny pinching because they have no choice. Not because Bill or Farhad are being tight. They're all useless, I want them out, but let's not cross wires here. We're up the creek without a paddle because of these muppets and the mess is going to take a lot of time to sort out.
Again, I agree - we should be looking elsewhere. There's interest in the midfielder at Wolfsburg. Again, they are under no pressure to sell and we only have limited resources.

Agree with all of this BT .

It's hard to see any light at the end of the tunnel.

I like Lampard but not sure that he is capable of getting a tune out of this squad and to be frank I think that even Klopp and Pep would struggle too.

Maybe not but those responsible need to go or nothing will ever change. The circumstances are tough yes but doing nothing is not an answer either
Again I agree but the club isn't now gonna get sold in the next month and even if it did it wouldn't change our financial situation.

Thelwell is working on restructuring the football departments and again that takes time.

The best time for change is now. Just because new owners or directors would inherit a bad situation doesn't mean we shouldn't push for changes and improvements. There is no time like the present. The longer it goes, the worse it will get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back