Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford

Godfrey Mina Tarkowski

Iwobi Doucouré Grillitsch Mykolenko

Gordon Calvert-Lewin Cornet

Come on this is bad as well.
Well you're playing a left footed cb on the right where he looks awful, a right footed one on the left fir some weird reason. Plsying Gordon on the right when he's better on the left - playing a cam at right wing back, and an injury prone dm next to a number 8 who can't pass and positionally is poor.

So in answer it may be even worse than your first effort

Clown defence. Invisible midfield. Powder-puff attack. All very last season.

Thelwell and Lampard have an unenviable job with very few resources to work with to strengthen and absolutely zero interest being shown by others in those we would like to move out.

Eyes tight shut and everything crossed that Thelwell can somehow make an impact in the transfer market because otherwise...well...

Pickford
Patterson Mina Tarkowski nkounkou
Doucoure
MGW/Barkley. Gordon/Dele/Allan
Dennis. DCL. Cornet

We need 3 signings and if possible bring in another RB

So many issues with the squad, in all departments. The issues with midfield and attack are obvious but RB is a massive one too. Patterson doesn't look ready, and I can't take another year of Seamus 1st choice. Ideally we'd loan Patterson and sign KWP who could cover both sides, but there's almost no chance given how many other positions we need to strengthen.

Well that can't be done obviously as 20m only buys you 1 player tops... But still, most deals are structured over the course of a contract.

Our problem is we can't even structure 100m for 5 players over the course of contracts it appears, but we will see in the next few weeks.
These days 20 mill doesn’t even get you a full Chris Wood? worrying AF

Well you're playing a left footed cb on the right where he looks awful, a right footed one on the left fir some weird reason. Plsying Gordon on the right when he's better on the left - playing a cam at right wing back, and an injury prone dm next to a number 8 who can't pass and positionally is poor.

So in answer it may be even worse than your first effort

Mina, Godfrey and Tarkowski are all right footed if i am not mistaken.

Reactions: Ivo

So many issues with the squad, in all departments. The issues with midfield and attack are obvious but RB is a massive one too. Patterson doesn't look ready, and I can't take another year of Seamus 1st choice. Ideally we'd loan Patterson and sign KWP who could cover both sides, but there's almost no chance given how many other positions we need to strengthen.
Based on the lack of defensive nous among our full backs and the quantity of CBs we have I think 3 at the back is the only gig in town this season. He needs to pick a formation and stick.

For me with the players we have a 3421 with the 2 being as much attacking midfielders as wingers is the way to go, so the two behind the striker can both help the midfield out and try to play off Dom. Then use energetic and pacy wing backs to get up and down the flanks So (based on current realistic links) something like:
Pickford
Tarko-Mina-Myko?
Iwobi-Gilmour-Doucoure?-Cornet
MGW-Gordon
DCL

It’s not brilliant and I’d ideally use a second loan to improve on Doucoure’s passing but it feels like a formation that would at least fit the current personnel and allow the CAMs to fill in for the obvious deficiencies of 2 in midfield.

Thing is players like gilmour and cornet ain't gonna make a massive difference to this squad,just extra bodies for a relagation scrap.

I'd honestly be tempted to say 'f' it and go over what we can spend mate, knowing that the next season we lose a big loss year off the books and a lot of out if contract players will leave.

It's weighing up the risk of a points deduction (doubt they would as I suspect a fine would be issued as 'first warning' - I'd also make noises about legally challenging any punishment as a way of making the premiership cautious about coming down too hard), as otherwise we risk being too worried about a future possible punishment to the extent we end up hamstringing ourselves and stumbling into the season with a squad which could go down, the financial cost of which would outweigh massively any punishment the league could throw at us.

Not suggesting we go absolutely mental and throw 300m and 200k wages around.

But operate at the level where you can show you've implemented a more sensible wage structure (cap at 80-90k on any incoming) but spend considerably on fees to get the players you actually want and need.

P&S has two facets to it, incoming to outgoing - that's what I'm suggesting we say 'f' it too and yes breach it. And it has wages as percentage of income, that's what I'm suggesting we show a reduction in with a 'structure' that will see it reduce further over time.

Breech one reg whilst showing willingness to comply with another, makes it more difficult for them to drop the hammer (especially as we will have given them the opt out by showing we are moving towards compliance in one part)

Would be a very bold move and a high profile one mate - i get the sense we are trying to operate under the radar financially and the PL are colluding with us a bit - think we need to be aware of the political atmosphere to with our owners links to Usminov etc. But would certainly be interesting.

The complacency at every level of this club after we finished sixteenth and sold our best player would be shocking if we hadn't lived through their gross incompetence year after year. People ask why Lamps plays 343 last night was your answer. Make signings no more excuses. People can talk about the finances and the punishments if we break P&S rules but it's nothing compared to relegation and currently we are in for another scrap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back