Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lacks of goals up front. Weak in cm. And don’t ever player Keane again.

Skint but should sign a couple of players to give Frank the option.

Cornet (£17.5m), Gilmour (loan; don’t care cos I don’t want Davies playing), Grillitsch (free), Januzaj (free).

Pickford

Patterson Mina Tarkowski Mykolenko

Doucouré Grillitsch Iwobi

Januzaj Calvert-Lewin Cornet
That's horrendous is that.

I would love to replace all of them but we are skint is it mate? There won’t be an overhaul.

Not as long as we refuse to sell players who have not performed well enough

I would happily sell any or all of the following

Keane
Godfrey
Holgate
Allan
Doucoure
Gbamin
Gomes
Davies
Gray
Rondon
Alli

And there may well be more I've forgotten.

We refuse or are unable to sell players who aren't performing, and that's why we aren't able to have an overhaul.

Not as long as we refuse to sell players who have not performed well enough

I would happily sell any or all of the following

Keane
Godfrey
Holgate
Allan
Doucoure
Gbamin
Gomes
Davies
Gray
Rondon
Alli

And there may well be more I've forgotten.

We refuse or are unable to sell players who aren't performing, and that's why we aren't able to have an overhaul.
We're unable to, and I don't know why you keep being so surprised by it. If a team that just about scraped its way to survival is desperate to get rid of them, why on earth would loads of other clubs be interested in buying them? They're not very good, and most of them are on big wages which other clubs can't match. Some of them wouldn't reach their book value and so their sale would cause us even more problems with ffp. We've recruited horribly, that's the problem. The sales side of it I genuinely don't think we can do much about.

Could have been better. Not quite why they agreed to penalties for the game but hey.

TT played two teams one in each half. All a bit jumbled for instance Chillwell and James featured in different halves. Several players that will probably start against you not even there or got a look Kante and of course Koulibaly. Was interesting that Dave didn’t feature.

I hope that he starts to get a bit more serious in terms of team selection as no one got more than 45 minutes the fact they had a full training session on matchday prior to the game and then flew down fitness clearly was the focus.
Two more scheduled pre season games ( probably play another behind closed doors one against Arsenal and then Udinesse.

Tell you what mate though, Gallacher attempting an awful Paneca was probably the stupidest thing I've seen from someone trying to convince a no nonsense do the basics well coach like Tuchel

Last night's disaster couldn't have come at a better time.

Not that it should have been needed, but an incredibly timely reminder that we are horrific and urgently need a number of replacements to survive.

Would hope to see incomings over the next week.

Perfect world we get a forward, three midfielders and a defender, but as it stands, we just need bodies, so only getting three of the five is worth it. It truly is an emergency now.

Based on our typical transfer process, and given the time left, I doubt we get anyone in before the season starts.

Nothing will happen while the team are flying home, then we'll be preparing for Blackpool.

A few frustratingly quiet days with no links next week. Maybe news of a 'possible breakthrough' on an underwhelming deal late next week or next weekend.

3-4 days of no updates. Tabloid stories talk of Everton 'considering a bid.'

ITK's will tell us it's getting closer, then that it's done. 3-4 more days of it being common knowledge that the player has signed but we need to get an overly elaborate announcement video, photoshoot and interview done. Anticlimactic announcement given a) everyone knew days ago he'd signed, b) we need another 2 at least.

Lampard asked in his Chelsea press conference whether the player will feature, 'Not ready yet, he's not trained for a month.'

Repeat for another underwhelming signing then a flurry of ins and outs on deadline day when we actually have to get a move on because we're rooted bottom P6 L6.

Cornet (£17.5m), Gilmour (loan; don’t care cos I don’t want Davies playing), Grillitsch (free), Januzaj (free).

Pickford

Hang on. What?? Where has this come from?

Pickford

That team is truly truly awful.

You've actually managed somehow to make the team worse,

Januzaj is truly shockingly bad, and has less end product than either Gray or Gordon, Grillitsch is a crock, - think I'd rather swerve someone who missed hslf last season with injuries and hasn't played since his most recent one (3 full pages of injury history on transfermarket for a 26yo is a new record) and one of the 4 you suggest you do t even have plsying in the 11 ????

Would you blame him? World Cup year and he’ll be desperate to play a part in the England squad again after an injury hit season
The post was intended as a bit of a laugh but hell no I wouldn’t blame anyone for wanting out. I think Pickford is crazy if he signs a new deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back