Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The complacency at every level gr this club after we finished sixteenth and sold our best player would be shocking if we hadn't lived through their gross incompetence year after year. Make signings no more excuses. People can talk about the fi
I don't think it's complacency. They are trying, we just don't have a pot to p*** in

I don't think it's complacency. They are trying, we just don't have a pot to p*** in

They need to find solutions and sell players to raise funds if that's what's needed.

Thelwell and Lampard deserve patience but the board don't deserve a single excuse. Trying isn't good enough, they need to find answers right now.

If they don't support the manager then we are going to be fighting down the bottom again come the spring.

I am starting to get concerned about the new season given the issues we have and with the feeling we cannot fix them. We lack any creativity in the side after selling it all last season and it means that it doesn't matter who is up front if they don't get chances. The lack of attacking options with only lewen and rondon is going to be a major issue and reflect the needs of a relegation battling team to not have any desire to change this. We need to change our system entirely but we will not sell or buy enough players to do this which is a concern because once pre season is over , implementing a new system will be extremely difficult to do with matchdays.

I cannot see any optimism in the new season because we have a track record of signing lower quality players the longer we wait to do business and our difficulties to bring anyone in now will cost us dearly this season. None of the players we are linked with so far would be an improvement or fix the issues we have. They may be good talents one day but we don't have that time to wait.

If that's the case you force things to happen, you move players on, you look at the loan and free agency markets, you do something because the current position only ends one way. We sold our best player and have done the square root of naff all then are surprised.

They need to find solutions and sell players to raise funds if that's what's needed.

Thelwell and Lampard deserve patience but the board don't deserve a single excuse. Trying isn't good enough, they need to find answers right now.

If they don't support the manager then we are going to be fighting down the bottom again come the spring.
I agree, but how can you sell players that nobody wants? Trust me, I think that's exactly what needs to happen but how are they meant to achieve it?

If we have actually reached a position where we make a £50m plus sale and can't reinvest any of it, then why are the board not resigning over the debacle
Probably for the same reason most people in high level, well paying jobs they like and want to keep aren't resigning.

Again though, how can we 'move players on' when there is literally zero interest?
We don't know that. Sorry I am not making excuses for a board that put us here. We only survived last season on fan power and a few key players and one of them is gone. It's ok citing the financial issues but you can do things to change a squad if you want to, the inertia means we are actually weaker than last season.

I agree, but how can you sell players that nobody wants? Trust me, I think that's exactly what needs to happen but how are they meant to achieve it?

It's not going to be easy but the board and owner put us in this position so it's their responsibility to find the solutions.

There are players we have who could bring in fees. Not huge fees by any means, but some money.

We can't sell DCL now because Richarlison has gone, but there are lots of players who could be let go....

Godfrey
Holgate
Keane
Mina
Allan
Davies
Gbamin
Gomes
Doucoure
Gray
Rondon
Simms

Some of those will be more difficult to move on than others, but there are ways to raise some cash, and more importantly get the wage bill down.

Any one with less than 12 months left on a contract should be told to find a new club as well. Take whatever is offered and move them on.

For the high earners, if there is no interest, then take our medicine, loan them out and save as much per week on wages as possible. Even saving half of Gomes or Mina's wage etc would probably save us millions this year. That could allow us to sign a good player on loan for a year.

We don't know that. Sorry I am not making excuses for a board that put us here. We only survived last season on fan power and a few key players and one of them is gone. It's ok citing the financial issues but you can do things to change a squad if you want to, the inertia means we are actually weaker than last season.
I'm not making excuses but we can safely assume that nobody wants to take Andre Gomes and his £100k a week wage mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back