Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's decisions have led us into this situation though mate?
We know that, but without trying to defend the owner he has previously splashed the cash - more so than many others - although regrettably it hasn't helped.

We're in the position we are in, and I feel there aren't many options apart from now being prudent to ensure the long-term sustainability of the club.

I'm confident we'll bring players in... it's just a case of when and how.

We know that, but without trying to defend the owner he has previously splashed the cash - more so than many others - although regrettably it hasn't helped.

We're in the position we are in, and I feel there aren't many options apart from now being prudent to ensure the long-term sustainability of the club.

I'm confident we'll bring players in... it's just a case of when and how.

Well it's the owner, but it's also the board who have overseen and managed that spend. We have spent huge sums, woefully. At some point there has to be some accountability for the senior people, I.E The chairman and CEO.

Pickford

Godfrey Mina Tarkowski

Iwobi Doucouré Grillitsch Mykolenko

Gordon Calvert-Lewin Cornet

Come on this is bad as well.
I said it last season and I’ll say it again.

Alex Iwobi and Doucoure should be nowhere near this team, neither should Gray.

They are truly woeful footballers who create little and score nothing; yet somehow because they run around a bit people think they’re irreplaceable.

Same for Godfrey, they only centre back who can’t read a ball, time a jump or understands how to mark people.

As much as I adore Yerry Mina, if you get 20 games out of him you’re lucky

I said it last season and I’ll say it again.

Alex Iwobi and Doucoure should be nowhere near this team, neither should Gray.

They are truly woeful footballers who create little and score nothing; yet somehow because they run around a bit people think they’re irreplaceable.

Same for Godfrey, they only centre back who can’t read a ball, time a jump or understands how to mark people.

As much as I adore Yerry Mina, if you get 20 games out of him you’re lucky
I would love to replace all of them but we are skint is it mate? There won’t be an overhaul.

The 'judge us at the window' line is worrying and the fact we don't have players in already because these players we do have clearly aren't good enough to stay up and I don't trust them to ride out the first 5 or so games while new signings gel into the squad. The whole point of pre-season is to gel as a side and we are going to have perhaps 1 game before the season where signings can do that. Probably none which isn't good enough.

Then who are you going to bring in with £20m?
In reality it's not a real £20 million is it because you have to factor in the fact its 20 million spread across 5 - 6 players, not like we can afford to spend 20 million on a player unless clubs will accept drip feeding for 5 years

Yet again, we appear to be hamstrung by our inability to get rid of awful squad players. Lampard keeps saying things like, "My eyes have been opened to some things after that" or "That performance has given me a lot to think about on the way home"... But we know these players will still be hanging around like a bad smell all season picking up their bags of cash every month.

I wonder how the board sold the project to him as it appears to me he's already pretty pussed off at the lack of progress.

Not in the Premier league it's not when you need to buy virtually an entire team spread across 20 million.
Well that can't be done obviously as 20m only buys you 1 player tops... But still, most deals are structured over the course of a contract.

Our problem is we can't even structure 100m for 5 players over the course of contracts it appears, but we will see in the next few weeks.

Well that can't be done obviously as 20m only buys you 1 player tops... But still, most deals are structured over the course of a contract.

Our problem is we can't even structure 100m for 5 players over the course of contracts it appears, but we will see in the next few weeks.
Yeah agreed, but in reality 20 million in our situation might as well be worthless. We'd be better off buying 20 million lottery tickets.

Would you blame him? World Cup year and he’ll be desperate to play a part in the England squad again after an injury hit season
If he did it on transfer deadline day then yeah i'd absolutely blame him. I wouldn't blame him for wanting to go, and if I thought the money could go on transfers i'd probably welcome it to be honest. Not that he's not good but this squad has got so many issues and I'm not sure he's the right type of striker for a team that has no creativity in it.

Probably a combination alright mate.. The circumstances may be empowering though, it’s stopping us from being like a child running with a scissors in the market.

I’ve been wondering about PL oversight and am coming down on thinking it’s more unlikely than not. They sanctioned the Jan market for us and they would have had a good understanding of what our costs and anticipated losses would have been to June and we’re happy enough with that. If they’ve accepted our losses for profit and sustainability as compliant we have about 20 mill scope.

We've since sold Richarlison, we have 25 mill in the chamber for Kean, the one thing that might give the PL the wobbles is the loss of the USM money, I believe it was paid last financial year, but not this new one. My take is we may have a bit more leeway than we did in the last two windows, just my opinion though.

I'd honestly be tempted to say 'f' it and go over what we can spend mate, knowing that the next season we lose a big loss year off the books and a lot of out if contract players will leave.

It's weighing up the risk of a points deduction (doubt they would as I suspect a fine would be issued as 'first warning' - I'd also make noises about legally challenging any punishment as a way of making the premiership cautious about coming down too hard), as otherwise we risk being too worried about a future possible punishment to the extent we end up hamstringing ourselves and stumbling into the season with a squad which could go down, the financial cost of which would outweigh massively any punishment the league could throw at us.

Not suggesting we go absolutely mental and throw 300m and 200k wages around.

But operate at the level where you can show you've implemented a more sensible wage structure (cap at 80-90k on any incoming) but spend considerably on fees to get the players you actually want and need.

P&S has two facets to it, incoming to outgoing - that's what I'm suggesting we say 'f' it too and yes breach it. And it has wages as percentage of income, that's what I'm suggesting we show a reduction in with a 'structure' that will see it reduce further over time.

Breech one reg whilst showing willingness to comply with another, makes it more difficult for them to drop the hammer (especially as we will have given them the opt out by showing we are moving towards compliance in one part)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back