Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very few transfers go completely under the radar these days, so I think it’s fairly reasonable to conclude we’re not even that close to bringing anyone in. Especially if we’re waiting for some of the better run clubs to finalise their squads before scrounging a loan or cast off.

What would we get for Pickford and DCL, maybe 120 million plus the Richo money which would give us 180 mill.
Don't know who needs a GK but I don't think anyone is in a rush to drop ~£60m on one anytime soon. Same for an injury prone striker who only has two seasons of hitting double figures to his name.

Wouldn't be surprised if we got somebody in before the protest on Saturday.
That would just be like Everton
Thankfully fans even those staunch bill lovers are waking up to this clubs ways with these idiots in charge, I’ve no doubt they’ll do something before 12pm Saturday, not one of these charlatans are fit to run this magnificent club,

Thankfully fans even those staunch bill lovers are waking up to this clubs ways with these idiots in charge, I’ve no doubt they’ll do something before 12pm Saturday, not one of these charlatans are fit to run this magnificent club,

No the Kenwright lovers will never change no matter what happened to Everton, even if we were wound up as a club, most of them would just go to more of his shows...

I mean Leicester have signed no one and are possibly losing their best player Tielemans. Newcastle, who are rotten with money apparently, have signed a random centre back and Nick Pope. No one is doing much business. Even the hipster favorite Crystal Palace lost there best player who was on loan and bought Doucoure. These lads that come from France can be very hit and miss. We'll get more in.

I mean Leicester have signed no one and are possibly losing their best player Tielemans. Newcastle, who are rotten with money apparently, have signed a random centre back and Nick Pope. No one is doing much business. Even the hipster favorite Crystal Palace lost there best player who was on loan and bought Doucoure. These lads that come from France can be very hit and miss. We'll get more in.
No way.

Leicester have a real squad and real recruitment strategy though. They get the benefit of the doubt.

Palace are another team who are getting to that point. They've also signed more than just Doucoure.

Leicester's base squad is more than enough to stay in the league, even if they lose Tielemans.
Our squad narrowly avoided relegation. That squad, which was poor anyway has gained a free CB who will still be partnered with some combination of the calamitous Keane, Holgate and Godfrey (assuming Mina will injure himself grabbing a midnight snack just before the season kicks off) and we've sold our best player in Richarlison. A team that barely made it through last season will start this season weaker. Richie was sold 20 days ago and nothing has happened. The league kicks off in like 15 days. Fans have legitimate reasons to be concerned right now.

While not signing anyone as of late has been disappointing and concerning, I’m just glad we haven’t had any panic signings with ridiculous contracts. But!! It’s still early for this board to kick us in the teeth while there’s time.

It's basically impossible to overstate how badly our financial mismanagement has screwed us over. It's painful, but just for perspective, here are the players we've signed since Sept. 2020, with Mykolenko being the biggest expenditure. It's absolutely diabolical. Bring on the protests of Moshiri and the board.

I'd genuinely give the middle finger to Profit rules and spend some money.

Tarkowski
Mykolenko
Patterson
Dele
Gray
Townsend
Rondon
Begovic
Lonergan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back