Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going to pay the penalty for the window closing after the season starts given we are going to scrambling around right to the deadline, doing medicals at walk in centres in different countries.

Couple of spankings, pressure will be on, anyone half decent coming in will go into a dejected dressing room, players already WhatsApp’ing about the manager getting sacked. Said new players won’t be thrown straight into the starting line up as it’s never good to insert a player into a team performing badly. Then when he does play in our triumphant exit from the cup he will suddenly turn Everton crap (because by then we will already be playing pragmatic football) and we’ll all say we should have for JLingz.

FL looks to have learned quicker than our last 57 managers that these players will have him in the Bein sports studio by Xmas. How he leaves his lovely family at home to try and teach Keane to play football is beyond me.

OK. How much then? I was only plucking figures out of the air or wondering what the alternative was to raising money.
Their price would be what anyone is willing to pay, if they were for sale. Don't think any of the top clubs need a keeper; maybe Spurs but they seem happy to go with 47 year old Lloris for another season (would they spend over £40m on a GK, I dunno). Arsenal preferred a £40-45m Jesus instead of trying to get DCL, Chelsea same with Sterling, and Newcastle were most interested in that Etikite lad before he went to Paris. Factor in the homegrown premium and I'd say we're probably talking around those numbers.

I don’t believe that FFP is restricting us to the degree that we can’t even spend the Richarlison money. We were able to waste the Digne money on two bottom half full-backs, so I don’t see why we can’t do the same with the Richarlison money?
Yeah the optimistic view is that we're just working on finding the right way to reinvest some of the money between purchases/loans, or waiting for the right players to become available. The pessimistic view is that with the additional scrutiny given to our finances and the PL's handling of COVID loss allowments since the end of the season we have had to earmark that entire profit towards balancing the books. And remember that because we purchased Richarlison for a decently high fee, the profit isn't as great as it sounds initially. But yeah in general I agree that we'll be spending something before the window is shut for the same reason you said.

I don’t believe that FFP is restricting us to the degree that we can’t even spend the Richarlison money. We were able to waste the Digne money on two bottom half full-backs, so I don’t see why we can’t do the same with the Richarlison money?
It sounds like we have the money tbf it’s just that we’re penny pinching to get as many bodies in as possible.

To be in this position after 500m spent is nothing short of diabolical mismanagement from all those involved within the club over the past 6 years.

Last edited:
It's basically impossible to overstate how badly our financial mismanagement has screwed us over. It's painful, but just for perspective, here are the players we've signed since Sept. 2020, with Mykolenko being the biggest expenditure. It's absolutely diabolical. Bring on the protests of Moshiri and the board.

I'd genuinely give the middle finger to Profit rules and spend some money.

Tarkowski
Mykolenko
Patterson
Dele
Gray
Townsend
Rondon
Begovic
Lonergan
Wow, some list that

It sounds like we have the money tbf it’s just that we’re penny pinching to get as many bodies in as possible.

To be in this position after 500m spent is nothing short of diabolical mismanagement from all those involved within the club over the past 6 years.

I don’t know how true it is, but I’ve seen people claim that we are making bids in which we want to delay payment until this time next year. I really hope this is nonsense because no selling club will ever entertain that during the summer transfer window, and it would also indicate a reluctance to spend the money that we have received this transfer window like any other normal football club would do.

Pickford, Tarkowski, Gordon, Gray & Calvert-Lewin are probably the only players with enough quality to start each week.

Mykolenko, Patterson, Godfrey, Doucoure, Iwobi & Allan are good enough backups / have good upside potential, but shouldn’t be starting.

Then you have a whole raft of unsuitable / turd players:

Coleman (too old)
Mina (too injured)

Get in the bin ?:
Holgate
Keane
Nkounkou
Gbamin
Davies
Gomes
Dele
Rondon
Townsend

That’s at least 9 players who need shifting.

And 6 starters needed to complete the first eleven, including a whole midfield and two full backs.

It’s a disgrace that the squad is in such bad shape.

In the meantime, I wouldn’t be adverse to using Welch at CB, Warrington & Price in midfield, then Mills & Dobbin as backup in the forward positions. It can’t be any worse than what we’ve got out there at the moment.

The best time for change is now. Just because new owners or directors would inherit a bad situation doesn't mean we shouldn't push for changes and improvements. There is no time like the present. The longer it goes, the worse it will get.
Right that's fine, but I feel like you're in the wrong thread mate.

I'm totally for any protests, anything to try and force change. But ultimately it's the previous actions/mistakes of these charlatans to blame for why we've been unable to bring players in... not because of some current mistakes they are making, if you get me.

Pickford, Tarkowski, Gordon, Gray & Calvert-Lewin are probably the only players with enough quality to start each week.

Mykolenko, Patterson, Godfrey, Doucoure, Iwobi & Allan are good enough backups / have good upside potential, but shouldn’t be starting.

Then you have a whole raft of unsuitable / turd players:

Coleman (too old)
Mina (too injured)

Get in the bin ?:
Holgate
Keane
Nkounkou
Gbamin
Davies
Gomes
Dele
Rondon
Townsend

That’s at least 9 players who need shifting.

And 6 starters needed to complete the first eleven, including a whole midfield and two full backs.

It’s a disgrace that the squad is in such bad shape.

In the meantime, I wouldn’t be adverse to using Welch at CB, Warrington & Price in midfield, then Mills & Dobbin as backup in the forward positions. It can’t be any worse than what we’ve got out there at the moment.
Tbh if Gray and Gordon are our starting wide players this season then we're in trouble too. The two of them are simply not creative enough and both try and do the same thing too often.

I don’t know how true it is, but I’ve seen people claim that we are making bids in which we want to delay payment until this time next year. I really hope this is nonsense because no selling club will ever entertain that during the summer transfer window, and it would also indicate a reluctance to spend the money that we have received this transfer window like any other normal football club would do.
That's essentially the way we bought Dele. Of course Spurs were desperate to get rid, which made that deal easier to do.

Tbh if Gray and Gordon are our starting wide players this season then we're in trouble too. The two of them are simply not creative enough and both try and do the same thing too often.
True. We absolutely need reinforcements in those positions too.

It’s shocking how bad yet expensively assembled that squad is.

I’d be phoning around every agent on the planet saying we’ve got these 9 players available for sale.

Get whatever we can for them, buy 3-4 first teamers with the proceeds and fill the rest up with youth until January; reassess then go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back