Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does, but Mykolenko is 23, he improved a lot over the course of the few months he was here last season. It's a poor example to use IMO when you've got the likes of Gomes, Keane etc who are truly the ones who need chasing.
Mate, please re-read what I wrote. I absolutely advocated for the binning of them, whilst simply saying that Mykolenko isn’t good enough to start each week; however, I certainly would keep him as backup due to his young age and upside potential.

Pickford, Tarkowski, Gordon, Gray & Calvert-Lewin are probably the only players with enough quality to start each week.

Mykolenko, Patterson, Godfrey, Doucoure, Iwobi & Allan are good enough backups / have good upside potential, but shouldn’t be starting.

Then you have a whole raft of unsuitable / turd players:

Coleman (too old)
Mina (too injured)

Get in the bin ?:
Holgate
Keane
Nkounkou
Gbamin
Davies
Gomes
Dele
Rondon
Townsend

That’s at least 9 players who need shifting.

And 6 starters needed to complete the first eleven, including a whole midfield and two full backs.

It’s a disgrace that the squad is in such bad shape.

In the meantime, I wouldn’t be adverse to using Welch at CB, Warrington & Price in midfield, then Mills & Dobbin as backup in the forward positions. It can’t be any worse than what we’ve got out there at the moment.

It does, but Mykolenko is 23, he improved a lot over the course of the few months he was here last season. It's a poor example to use IMO when you've got the likes of Gomes, Keane etc who are truly the ones who need chasing.

Mate, please re-read what I wrote. I absolutely advocated for the binning of them, whilst simply saying that Mykolenko isn’t good enough to start each week; however, I certainly would keep him as backup due to his young age and upside potential.
Fair enough. I don't agree, I think he is good enough to start every week because that's how he's going to improve. However, I would be very much in favour of going and getting someone like Kyle Walker-Peters if the deal was right, because he's a good PL level FB who can play both sides very well.

We've got other areas of need, however, than LB, that need addressing first.

Haven't you just contradicted yourself? You think he can get a World Cup spot, by playing awful for Everton? With zero service. He'd be better taking a punt elsewhere.
If he asks for a transfer he needs to do it immediately.
He has three years left on his contract so will be going nowhere unless the club agrees and that certainly won't happen if they have not got time to sign a replacement.

I don't think the club will want to sell both centre forwards in the one window unless somebody makes an extraordinary bid that simply can't be refused.

I don’t know how true it is, but I’ve seen people claim that we are making bids in which we want to delay payment until this time next year. I really hope this is nonsense because no selling club will ever entertain that during the summer transfer window, and it would also indicate a reluctance to spend the money that we have received this transfer window like any other normal football club would do.
Tons of clubs do just that. Monaco loan out mbappe to PSGG, Juve did the same with Schalke etc. Hell, we're doing it now with Kean.

Pickford, Tarkowski, Gordon, Gray & Calvert-Lewin are probably the only players with enough quality to start each week.

Mykolenko, Patterson, Godfrey, Doucoure, Iwobi & Allan are good enough backups / have good upside potential, but shouldn’t be starting.

Then you have a whole raft of unsuitable / turd players:

Coleman (too old)
Mina (too injured)

Get in the bin ?:
Holgate
Keane
Nkounkou
Gbamin
Davies
Gomes
Dele
Rondon
Townsend

That’s at least 9 players who need shifting.

And 6 starters needed to complete the first eleven, including a whole midfield and two full backs.

It’s a disgrace that the squad is in such bad shape.

In the meantime, I wouldn’t be adverse to using Welch at CB, Warrington & Price in midfield, then Mills & Dobbin as backup in the forward positions. It can’t be any worse than what we’ve got out there at the moment.
Gray ?

Honestly, what the fek has happened to the £60m you guys gained from Richarlison? Somet ain't right.

Surely, if you're an owner coming off a season like last years, you'd be banging that right back into the squad to make sure that doesn't happen again

It was as much an accounting need as much as anything. The drums say we need to run every transfer past the PL since they signed our accounts off last season/year. Same drums say Lampard was aware of this, but, some of it will be allowed to be spent. How much? Not a clue. That might also depend on replacing our squeaky clean ex sponsor with sommet better than a crypro currency gambling start up on the shirt.

Its all rather concerning.

Which top six premier league team does Mykolenko start for then? Or even top eight?

We aren't a top 8 side. Pickford and Mina (If he stayed fit) are the only players that I think make a top 8 side.

Mykolenko isn't really the issue here. I think he's a solid lower mid table full back with still room to develop. He's quite balanced in that he's decent defensively and he's not totally useless going forward. He's the least of our worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back