Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we really going into another season with Coleman as our first choice right back?

I guess other positions have suddenly become more important i.e. centre mid, forwards and wide players.

But going into next season with Coleman and Patterson is a disaster waiting to happen if you ask me.
Almost certainly. It's crazy.

Well, J-Lingz is on record saying we were his last resort and it looks like he's going to Forest, ffs. Broja seemed unmoved by our interest. Nunes, who we were never going to sign anyway, said he wasn't interested. Once again, I don't blame these players not wanting to come here, why would they? We presumably can't pay the stupid wages that brought in these types of players in the first place and set us off on this death spiral.

Anyone looking at our squad, our form last season and the players that we are linked with (mainly players who have literally just been relegated in the case of Dennis, Cornet, Gilmore or were playing in the Championship last season) who doesn't think relegation is a clear and present danger is not paying attention. Can we stay up? Maybe. Do I trust the staff, playing and non-playing, to achieve that? Not in a million years.
Is he actually on record or just being reported? Like has he actually been quoted as saying that? Btw, Forest are paying him £190k a week mate... £190k a week for Jesse Lingard. Are you suggesting we should have matched that offer?

I don't think we know on the other two. Can you link me the Nunes quotes? We had him all lined up last year, Rafael pulled the plug on that one, but aye he was never ever a target this year, that was nonsense in the Portuguese media. Broja, maybe he would have been interested had we been able to match West Ham's offer to Chelsea? But I think West Ham right now have one over on us, sadly - they have European football, he'll be staying in London and are a stable club. We aren't.

I think relegation is a danger, of course I do, but that doesn't mean I'm dead set on it definitely happening, it's a long old season and it's not started yet, so honestly after the stress of March-May I'm simply refusing to stress in July. It's not healthy.,

From an outside point of view, and in my opinion, it feel's like Moshiri is lost without Usmanov behind him.

Now he's having to deal with all of this, new stadium, shirt sponsors, the PL / FFP, transfers, deadwood on huge wages.

When he had Usmanov, was like a get out of a jail free card.

Have to feel for you guys the fans and the manager at this moment in time, nobody has any idea what's going on and as you rightly pointed out, concerning.

Not sure thats totally true. As in, day to day, Usmanov was not that involved. He carried influence, sure, and some input, (Ancelotti), but once he was sanctioned, Moshiri had no choice to remove the obvious finances from the club. USM basically.

But the long game reason why they got involved was/is the Liverpool Waters development, where the new ground is book ending with the Liver building. That hasnt gone away. How they now finance the remaining build, and what they can do to max out on The Waters, heavens only knows now though.

In a nutshell, Everton convinced the PL that a £350 million loss, actually, wasnt. It was more like about £84m. Below the £105m allowed.

Hence, why we needed to sell Richy, LAST accounting year, and be a bit careful/cooperative for the forseeable.

Are we really going into another season with Coleman as our first choice right back?

I guess other positions have suddenly become more important i.e. centre mid, forwards and wide players.

But going into next season with Coleman and Patterson is a disaster waiting to happen if you ask me.
We spent £12m on Patterson in January...

There is interest in KWP from S'ton as was reported a few weeks back but that was mainly agents saying he might be available I believe.

Said this in the Coleman thread few weeks ago. He needed replacing 4 years ago and here we are.

No idea how we got what we got for him, same as Oxlade-chamberlain.
There’s a laddie on here that adamantly maintains Iwobi is Maranda reborn and Arsenal fans rated him when we signed him. Please confirm that Gooners thought he was average at best and the general consensus is that you robbed us blind for £30 odd million. Ta

That's what concerned me as much last night it was a classic downing of tools performance after we conceded a couple. There isn't the grit or fight in this team. And that's just preseason.
They are not arsed, no accountability, too rich to soon, its pretty much a cancer within football. Unless a radical overhauling of football is undertaken this will carry on throughout most clubs.
I for one have pretty much lost
Almost certainly. It's crazy.
As is the thought of another likely significant injury to delicate flower Mr Lewin.

There’s a laddie on here that adamantly maintains Iwobi is Maranda reborn and Arsenal fans rated him when we signed him. Please confirm that Gooners thought he was average at best and the general consensus is that you robbed us blind for £30 odd million. Ta
The security guard were I work who is a gooner said the day after we signed him with a massive smile he's your problem now thanks for the lottery win.

Only the odd selection of fans gassed him up because he came through hale end academy, his first touch was awful, and just ran in straight lines.

He was a £20m player at best, but due to in-selling in the PL and his age at the time, gave us a bit of leverage to ask for more. Not sure ask for more warranted £30m+ like, but yeah.

We spent £12m on Patterson in January...

There is interest in KWP from S'ton

Yeah but it doesn't look like he's ready for first team football. We should have bought a player like Patterson when Coleman was like 29 and have him develop under him. Now we either have to gamble or continue with a player that has been steadily regressing (Still love him mind you).

KWP would be a decent idea, especially as he has filled in on the left too at times in his career. But I've not seen any concrete links to him and it gave no indication to what his fee would be. So I reckon it's an unlikely move right now.

Probably why we pay them monstrous contracts and no one else wants them along with the majority of this squad.

Very annoying if Keane and Holgate are on huge contracts, because neither was signed from a top club and was taking a ‘step down’ - and neither has done enough whilst here to warrant a huge bump in any subsequent contracts.

From an outside point of view, and in my opinion, it feel's like Moshiri is lost without Usmanov behind him.

Now he's having to deal with all of this, new stadium, shirt sponsors, the PL / FFP, transfers, deadwood on huge wages.

When he had Usmanov, was like a get out of a jail free card.

Have to feel for you guys the fans and the manager at this moment in time, nobody has any idea what's going on and as you rightly pointed out, concerning.

I think if it were not for the war in Russia and the sanctions on Usmanov, we would have signed a deal this summer for one of Usmanov’s companies to sponsor the shirts and the stadium, even though it’s not built yet, to get us out of this financial hole. I think it would have been the same if the American consortium had been successful, we would have signed a huge sponsorship deal with an company related to the consortium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back