Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, what the fek has happened to the £60m you guys gained from Richarlison? Somet ain't right.

Surely, if you're an owner coming off a season like last years, you'd be banging that right back into the squad to make sure that doesn't happen again
His sale was to satisfy the EPL and our debts. Yes that's the mess we are in.

What is the potential for some youth players to crack the starting 11 or at least get significant playing time? Mills, Warrington? At least they have some fight in them. The attitude of the squad is what really needs to change.
That's what concerned me as much last night it was a classic downing of tools performance after we conceded a couple. There isn't the grit or fight in this team. And that's just preseason.

It was as much an accounting need as much as anything. The drums say we need to run every transfer past the PL since they signed our accounts off last season/year. Same drums say Lampard was aware of this, but, some of it will be allowed to be spent. How much? Not a clue. That might also depend on replacing our squeaky clean ex sponsor with sommet better than a crypro currency gambling start up on the shirt.

Its all rather concerning.
From an outside point of view, and in my opinion, it feel's like Moshiri is lost without Usmanov behind him.

Now he's having to deal with all of this, new stadium, shirt sponsors, the PL / FFP, transfers, deadwood on huge wages.

When he had Usmanov, was like a get out of a jail free card.

Have to feel for you guys the fans and the manager at this moment in time, nobody has any idea what's going on and as you rightly pointed out, concerning.

I'm optimistic we'll get signings. But they'll be late on.

And it's not for a lack of trying. I am happy to blame the idiots in charge for putting us in this mess, and I do blame them. However, as a result of the mistakes they've made, it means that we are going to be pushed to the wire with a lot of deals because we simply have no bargaining power with clubs, even if players want to come here (like Cornet and Gibbs-White).

It's a horrid catch 22 to be in. I'm hopeful we'll see one new face in before the Chelsea game - in a perfect world, two. I reckon we get 4 more in in total but expect most of them to be done in the last week.
I phrased my initial post poorly. I do think we'll see signings come in, I just don't have much faith that they'll be any good. The names we are linked with are underwhelming and it seems that many of them don't want to come here (who can blame them?), so I'm fearful of who we will get. What does seem certain is that they will have the dreaded PL experience that has worked so well for our recruitment in recent years. We just don't have a DoF, an owner, a chairman and a board, or a fanbase judging by the comments in this forum, with any imagination when it comes to transfers.

I'm almost resigned to relegation this year, I've been saying for ages on here there is only one conclusion I can come to under the shocking mismanagement of this owner and this board and that is our eventual relegation. The only surprise is how quickly we have imploded.

There's no solution that will resolve this in time for this coming season, that is clear, but long term we need everybody, and I mean everybody, with any executive responsibility at this club replacing. Not one of Moshiri, Kenwright, Barret-Baxendale or any of the revolving door board members we have had during Moshiri's custodianship are fit to run a modern sporting organisation. They are hobbyists, charlatans or are hard-working people promoted beyond their ability and experience. It won't happen, however, and we will continue to decline. I used to compare us with Lerner's Villa but someone compared us with Sunderland today and I think that is a better fit for our circumstances. Anyone who can look at the very state of us and defend any of the protagonists is either a closet kopite or is delusional. We are continually humiliated as a fanbase by this ownership and people still want to defend it. It boggles my mind.

anyone know when Chelsea are back from their pre season tour ? it is still the most likely source of new players (Gilmour, Colwell, Barkley lol, Broja maybe, Gallagher ideally)

Ok, the msin reason we need an entire overhaul isn't that we don't have 11-15 players who are premiership standard (well arguably if we do) but rather collectively they are worse together - I'll suited players mishmashed together, weaknesses not covered but rather amplified, strengths not enhanced but rather undermined all across the side.

Even our two best players DCL and Richy where badly matched in terms of chemistry, you look at the midfield, zero chemistry, no players that link well together anywhere in this team.

Keane - a good cb in the right system with the right partner and the right midfield.
Dele in the right setup a good player but requires certain players around and a certain role.
Dacoure - in a midfield which requires his energy but has creativity and defensive positioning a plus without that a liability

Can literally say that all over the place

Even Pickford - his weakness is crosses, ok then have a defence that's great aerially - nope we don't so it's exposed especially on set pieces

Cbs that are best with stuff in front of them - ok have a midfield that presses, nope we give time on the ball drop off and then wonder why the cbs struggle at stuff played in behind and the channels when literally the oppo has all the time in the world to do so.

It's what happens with no recruitment plan, and it needs to change fast

I phrased my initial post poorly. I do think we'll see signings come in, I just don't have much faith that they'll be any good. The names we are linked with are underwhelming and it seems that many of them don't want to come here (who can blame them?), so I'm fearful of who we will get. What does seem certain is that they will have the dreaded PL experience that has worked so well for our recruitment in recent years. We just don't have a DoF, an owner, a chairman and a board, or a fanbase judging by the comments in this forum, with any imagination when it comes to transfers.

I'm almost resigned to relegation this year, I've been saying for ages on here there is only one conclusion I can come to under the shocking mismanagement of this owner and this board and that is our eventual relegation. The only surprise is how quickly we have imploded.

There's no solution that will resolve this in time for this coming season, that is clear, but long term we need everybody, and I mean everybody, with any executive responsibility at this club replacing. Not one of Moshiri, Kenwright, Barret-Baxendale or any of the revolving door board members we have had during Moshiri's custodianship are fit to run a modern sporting organisation. They are hobbyists, charlatans or are hard-working people promoted beyond their ability and experience. It won't happen, however, and we will continue to decline. I used to compare us with Lerner's Villa but someone compared us with Sunderland today and I think that is a better fit for our circumstances. Anyone who can look at the very state of us and defend any of the protagonists is either a closet kopite or is delusional. We are continually humiliated as a fanbase by this ownership and people still want to defend it. It boggles my mind.
Not sure on the not wanting to come here part tbf? Dennis' agent was/is pushing him to us, Gibbs-White is said to be very open to it and Cornet has supposedly agreed terms in principle. I don't think many of the players we've gone for and missed out on so far, that we know of, definitively didn't want to come, bar maybe Eriksen (and yeah, no blame attached there). Who are you thinking of?

Because the issue is simply we haven't got a lot of money and we're trying to stretch it far. That means smaller initial up front payments than a lot of clubs are willing to deal with. We are by no means the only club trying this, but I get the general feeling that most other clubs have more leeway than we do when it comes to upping those offers.

I agree on the rest, though not the being resigned to religation part. Nobody, bar one or two, saw what happened last year coming. We all thought we'd be boring in mid-table with Benitez. I'm not getting gloomy this early, but there's a lot of work that needs doing if we are to avoid teetering on the edge again.

Not sure on the not wanting to come here part tbf? Dennis' agent was/is pushing him to us, Gibbs-White is said to be very open to it and Cornet has supposedly agreed terms in principle. I don't think many of the players we've gone for and missed out on so far, that we know of, definitively didn't want to come, bar maybe Eriksen (and yeah, no blame attached there). Who are you thinking of?

Because the issue is simply we haven't got a lot of money and we're trying to stretch it far. That means smaller initial up front payments than a lot of clubs are willing to deal with. We are by no means the only club trying this, but I get the general feeling that most other clubs have more leeway than we do when it comes to upping those offers.

I agree on the rest, though not the being resigned to religation part. Nobody, bar one or two, saw what happened last year coming. We all thought we'd be boring in mid-table with Benitez. I'm not getting gloomy this early, but there's a lot of work that needs doing if we are to avoid teetering on the edge again.
Well, J-Lingz is on record saying we were his last resort and it looks like he's going to Forest, ffs. Broja seemed unmoved by our interest. Nunes, who we were never going to sign anyway, said he wasn't interested. Once again, I don't blame these players not wanting to come here, why would they? We presumably can't pay the stupid wages that brought in these types of players in the first place and set us off on this death spiral.

Anyone looking at our squad, our form last season and the players that we are linked with (mainly players who have literally just been relegated in the case of Dennis, Cornet, Gilmore or were playing in the Championship last season) who doesn't think relegation is a clear and present danger is not paying attention. Can we stay up? Maybe. Do I trust the staff, playing and non-playing, to achieve that? Not in a million years.

Are we really going into another season with Coleman as our first choice right back?

I guess other positions have suddenly become more important i.e. centre mid, forwards and wide players.

But going into next season with Coleman and Patterson is a disaster waiting to happen if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back