Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's basically impossible to overstate how badly our financial mismanagement has screwed us over. It's painful, but just for perspective, here are the players we've signed since Sept. 2020, with Mykolenko being the biggest expenditure. It's absolutely diabolical. Bring on the protests of Moshiri and the board.

I'd genuinely give the middle finger to Profit rules and spend some money.

Tarkowski
Mykolenko
Patterson
Dele
Gray
Townsend
Rondon
Begovic
Lonergan

You’d take a points deduction, eventual relegation which would cause serious funding doubts for the stadium and quite possibly lead to the demise of the club?

You’d take a points deduction, eventual relegation which would cause serious funding doubts for the stadium and quite possibly lead to the demise of the club?
Well obviously not. Depending on the points deduction it might not be more than the team would improve. Who knows. In reality "genuinely" was a poor word choice. The path forward is clearly to scrape by with mediocre players until we can reset the books, then reinvest with either Moshiri's money or whoever inevitably purchases the club.

Don't know who needs a GK but I don't think anyone is in a rush to drop ~£60m on one anytime soon. Same for an injury prone striker who only has two seasons of hitting double figures to his name.
OK. How much then? I was only plucking figures out of the air or wondering what the alternative was to raising money.

Hopefully we used this preseason tour to get assess the squad. It confirmed it was not good enough and reinforcements are needed. We need 2x CM (defensive and playmaker) and a winger at a minimum. We are in dire straits…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back