Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one will ever know.

I think it's obvious mate, you take someone who effectively in his entire business history has never shown any interest at all in property development but has been in commodities and tech and sporting involvement (Gazprom involvement in sponsorship came under Usmsnov, his funding of the fencing, his attempts to buy Arsenal) and the reason spouted for bring involved at us was 'liverpool waters'

It's was certain Evertonians' agenda - some of whom changed to that line after insisting Usmanov was never involved with us funnily enough.

Ah honestly I'm gonna stress when I need to but that's not going to be in pre-season! it's not out of blind faith, I just can't do it to myself. I developed grey hair in the last three months of last season, ffs.

Look, I'm not wholly convinced by Lampard's ability as a manager but none of us should be thinking he'll be gone.
I don’t think he will be gone because of his ability, it will be more likely the great board of Everton blaming yet another manager to gloss over there patheticness. Unless of course your a serial winner who simply sticks his middle finger up to them and goes winning more trophies.

Also, we have to reach a point where we address the squad rather than the manager. We have had manager after manager and gone backwards. I am prepared for a few rebuilding seasons to sort this squad out. I don't think we should be calling for another managers head unless absolutely necessary. Whilst of course he has his issues tactically and defensively, he's a young manager but If he isn't backed in the market I don't blame Lamps. I blame the board.
I'll blame him when he gets things wrong like, but people were happy to go with 'we can't sack Benitez because we need to stop sacking managers' so I think we need to have a bit more commitment here. He needs to be better, so do the players, and so does everybody at the club.

I don’t think he will be gone because of his ability, it will be more likely the great board of Everton blaming yet another manager to gloss over there patheticness. Unless of course your a serial winner who simply sticks his middle finger up to them and goes winning more trophies.
They wouldn't get away with it mate, not this time.

Did Steve Walsh sign most of the deadwood on big wages? or was it a mixture of him and brands.

Thought he was highly rated when he came from leicester, then he goes and does stuff like £27m on
Tosun and £50m on Sigurdsson, £25m on Schneiderian and £20m on Walcott etc

The succesful teams get the business done

Everton just go through the motions being linked to this, that and the other for weeks. Lingard has been around the world in eighty days avoiding us

Nothing ever changes. To be Frank, Lampard must be pulling what little hair he has left out. Nice of red lips to spend all her time with lampards Mrs discussing cocktails

All it takes is for Billy to say remember the good times and Frank should chin him

Unfathomable why forest would give the man child £20m a year, £200k p/w.

It's ludicrous.

But then on the other hand, he could perform exactly how he did at west-ham and keep them up, or he could crash and burn and not turn up, let's be honest it's Lingard, he's hot and cold for 98% games of the season, he ain't gonna give a toss on £180k-200k p/w.
I think it works out at £10.4 million a year, but, even that is far too much.

If you told me a few years ago we would be in a straight footrace with Forest for a Burnley player and it was up in the air 50/50.

I would have head butted you over your arl girls coffee table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back