Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
So assuming we get cornet in, and we get a CM on loan...

I assume then priority to build the squad has to be: 1. Move a couple of the deadwood players and sign a top CM/DM. 2. Sell Keane or Holgate, and buy another CB. 3. Get a second striker to move Rondon to 3rd string. While not ideal, I think you can do okay if you bring in another CB of Tarkowski's caliber so you have two, 2 good CM/DMs to give our midfield legs, and an attacking side of DCL, Gordon, Cornet, with Gray and the other striker off the bench.

While not great, I think thats enough to be very safe this season and start to build a squad that moves on the likes of Gomes, Keane, Holgate, Gbamin, Rondon. Obviously last year moved out the idea of competing at the top of the table. Now its building a squad to get back there but its got to start with a solid, even if unspectacular, core in the middle of the field that will work hard and have enough skill to compete.

Unfathomable why forest would give the man child £20m a year, £200k p/w.

It's ludicrous.

But then on the other hand, he could perform exactly how he did at west-ham and keep them up, or he could crash and burn and not turn up, let's be honest it's Lingard, he's hot and cold for 98% games of the season, he ain't gonna give a toss on £180k-200k p/w.

Yeah but it doesn't look like he's ready for first team football. We should have bought a player like Patterson when Coleman was like 29 and have him develop under him. Now we either have to gamble or continue with a player that has been steadily regressing (Still love him mind you).

KWP would be a decent idea, especially as he has filled in on the left too at times in his career. But I've not seen any concrete links to him and it gave no indication to what his fee would be. So I reckon it's an unlikely move right now.
I fully agree with the first bit, and we were all saying that for years. It was gross negligence from everyone involved.

Yeah, look it was agent talk as it always is. We declared interest but wasn't contact between clubs as far as I know. There's other areas to prioritise.

It's ludicrous.

But then on the other hand, he could perform exactly how he did at west-ham and keep them up, or he could crash and burn and not turn up, let's be honest it's Lingard, he's hot and cold for 98% games of the season, he ain't gonna give a toss on £180k-200k p/w.
It's only 10m a year. But even that is about 8m a year too much.

Almost like paying £75m for Pepe
Spot on, only reason we did it was, the guys in charge who are no longer thankfully in-charge.

Raul Sanhelli pocketed a few mill from that deal which consequently had him hand his notice in a few months later after the Kroenke's added their lawyer to the club operations team.

our situation is the same as Napoli paying £80m for osimhen at the time, it's just all screams corruption.

On top of that, Emery had asked for Partey, Maguire, and Zaha that summer so the board laughed in his face and brought him a £75m pepe and a denis suarez the year before.

Lol the stress starts in August instead. We get a month of respite in December due to the world cup but as most of our players won't be participating then perhaps we will be fresh come boxing day but I doubt it matters with this squad. I don't even think Frank will be our manager by that point either.
Ah honestly I'm gonna stress when I need to but that's not going to be in pre-season! it's not out of blind faith, I just can't do it to myself. I developed grey hair in the last three months of last season, ffs.

Look, I'm not wholly convinced by Lampard's ability as a manager but none of us should be thinking he'll be gone.

It's ludicrous.

Well its £10m a year. Or the player for £10m, (plus the attendant crap, obvs).

Might work out ok, if he really wants to play football, and there must be a relegation clause in there. Still an uber bell mind.

There's plenty of time for loan deals to be done; a lot of players may not become available until last minute as is often the case.

I'd be amazed if we have any sort of scouting or recruitment network too far from Blighty. Most clubs in the league are way ahead of us in that regard and recruit far better and more efficiently than we do.
We have a full scouting network. Clearly we are being cautious

Do you think the nunes links last year were valid? Since we only ended up spending about one and half million that window. Did we have the finances to actually pull off that deal?
We had it lined up mate yeah but Mendes' agency was heavily involved in that. Was like £15m or something with add ons.

But Benitez wasn't sure on him, and that's not entirely blaming him either because IIRC it was a deal that was going to be done if Nuno was given the job but he wasn't, so it might well not have happened anyway.

We did have some money last year - we had enough to put together a package for Diaz and bid for Patterson. It was getting wages off the books that was hampering us with P&L, which is why James had to go.

Well its £10m a year. Or the player for £10m, (plus the attendant crap, obvs).

Might work out ok, if he really wants to play football, and there must be a relegation clause in there. Still an uber bell mind.
He's only signed a 1-year deal

Ah honestly I'm gonna stress when I need to but that's not going to be in pre-season! it's not out of blind faith, I just can't do it to myself. I developed grey hair in the last three months of last season, ffs.

Look, I'm not wholly convinced by Lampard's ability as a manager but none of us should be thinking he'll be gone.
Also, we have to reach a point where we address the squad rather than the manager. We have had manager after manager and gone backwards. I am prepared for a few rebuilding seasons to sort this squad out. I don't think we should be calling for another managers head unless absolutely necessary. Whilst of course he has his issues tactically and defensively, he's a young manager but If he isn't backed in the market I don't blame Lamps. I blame the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back