Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could do worse than signing Gordon Wankshaft from Carlisle United. Only 31, scored 17 goals over the last four seasons and at just 10 stone 3lbs wet through, is unlikely to pick up many bookings or red cards.

The fact he's still at Carlisle at 31 is a concern but he does look like he knows where the back of the net is.

Wouldn't surprise me if part of the football strategy review was to recruit players who didn't cost us any money. Its quite funny how we refer to Bill in the past tense like an older relative we used to buzz off only to realise he Is ACTUALLY still involved in transfers, I mean if that doesn't tell you how F@.... Sorry meant screwed up this club is then nothing really will. Until recently I thought he was long retired.
freebie players has been the majority of our strategy since last year. we'd have never have moved for Townsend or Dele or Rondon and co if we had to pony up some bucks. There's very little to spend, hence why our latest link is free transfer Januzi.

Cracking club management. Just top notch work all round.

On paper it feels like we should be in for him but then got to ask why if such a good midfielder is available for free did Fiorentina pull out and his only interest now is Brighton and two Turkish clubs? Something doesn't add up - attitude / injury concerns / absurd demands?
Wasn’t there something about a relative of his who was conducting negotiations and rubbed Fiorentina the wrong way?

Mate the Liverpool waters thing is and always was entire bs, they wanted a footy club, why where they trying for arsenal for so long, it's a fable presented by some people which they've stuck too

You think Usmanov honestly thought hey Liverpool waters I'll make a few bob more there then I do selling steel, telecoms or the half billion quid I made via Facebook?

No one will ever know.

probably because there's very little money to spend and quality players cost a lot of money to buy
I know that it's been done to death but surely we can actually add a few players even if they aren't purchases, there are loans and frees. Also not every player has to be from this country too, our scouting and recruitment could be more imaginative? There are bargains to be had if you do proper scouting.

Forest have already bought 2 left sided players. Surely can't be in the market for a third?

The fact he's still at Carlisle at 31 is a concern but he does look like he knows where the back of the net is.
Well I'm sure the club has already interrogated jarrod branthwaite regarding this one but he told them he was poo, so as punishment they sent him to the Dutch league. Sending a message to other like minded cocky players. You don't f@!# with Bill.

Effectively we tried to bridge the gap too fast with zero football people at the club mate

Roughly 90m in 6 or so years spent on manager compensation packages, 6 managers in 7 seasons, 3 DoF in 5 seasons, players recruited by each if those managers, DoF and some by the owner on top.

Several Different 'strategies'
Pursue the best player from a crap team regardless of cost till you get him. (Child lover and Williams, Dacoure, Keane, Richarlison)

Pursue players from the best sides in the world (who can't get in those sides) and pay a premium to get the 'name - James, Mina, Gomes, Allan, Dele etc.

Target free agent 'bargains' or low buyout ones and psy like they are in demand from elite clubs, Sandro, Bernard.

Panick/Whim buys for world class fees for zero reason - Iwobi, Tosun.

Target names and pay like you are getting the elite players they where once touted to be rather than the busted flush player they where - Walcott, Bolasie, Schneiderlein.

Massively overpay on 'potential' - Kean, Godfrey, Mykolenko, Patterson.

That's basically the EFC transfer strategy in a nutshell, in s few instances yup they turned out ok, but say even fir Richy, the basic strategy of overpaying literally mean we turned a 10m profit on a Brazil under 21 player who scired about 5/goals who is now starting up front for Brazil and has scored about 80 goals in the league now.
To this day I never understood why you guys went all in on Sigurdsson for £50m, I understand bidding with Leicester like, but that was probably one of the most craziest decisions I've seen.

I know that it's been done to death but surely we can actually add a few players even if they aren't purchases, there are loans and frees. Also not every player has to be from this country too, our scouting and recruitment could be more imaginative? There are bargains to be had if you do proper scouting.
There's plenty of time for loan deals to be done; a lot of players may not become available until last minute as is often the case.

I'd be amazed if we have any sort of scouting or recruitment network too far from Blighty. Most clubs in the league are way ahead of us in that regard and recruit far better and more efficiently than we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back