Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he actually on record or just being reported? Like has he actually been quoted as saying that? Btw, Forest are paying him £190k a week mate... £190k a week for Jesse Lingard. Are you suggesting we should have matched that offer?

I don't think we know on the other two. Can you link me the Nunes quotes? We had him all lined up last year, Rafael pulled the plug on that one, but aye he was never ever a target this year, that was nonsense in the Portuguese media. Broja, maybe he would have been interested had we been able to match West Ham's offer to Chelsea? But I think West Ham right now have one over on us, sadly - they have European football, he'll be staying in London and are a stable club. We aren't.

I think relegation is a danger, of course I do, but that doesn't mean I'm dead set on it definitely happening, it's a long old season and it's not started yet, so honestly after the stress of March-May I'm simply refusing to stress in July. It's not healthy.,
Good god, no. We shouldn't be paying J-Lingz 190 magic beans let alone £190k a week. My point was that we were linked with players nobody on here thinks is any good and they still don't want to come here.

I can't be arsed going back through this thread and others about the player quotes because you're probably correct that they will be vague about their sources.

Loads were saying not to stress this time last year and we all saw how that worked out and, remarkably, we were actually in a better position this time last year.

DCL still being linked with move to Newcastle for £60m. A few weeks ago I thought if we sold Richarlison we wouldn’t sell DCL. Now I’m not so sure, wouldn’t be surprised if we sold him so we could get Cornet and Dennis
As much as I doubt it'll happen, there is a logic of sorts to it: sell 1 injury prone striker who has gotten to double figures twice in his career, buy a couple of more versatile players who can add to the overall squad strength.

As important as DCL's goals this season could be to us if we play to his strengths, £60m does seem too good to reject if it can be reinvested in full - and reinvested wisely of course.

main worry i have with Gilmour is that it means no / limited chance to sign Colwell or Gallagher as it means no more loans from Chelsea. I mean if Gallagher is on their bench for the first few games he might want to leave. Not sure though Chelsea want to sell and/or at a price we can afford

main worry i have with Gilmour is that it means no / limited chance to sign Colwell or Gallagher as it means no more loans from Chelsea. I mean if Gallagher is on their bench for the first few games he might want to leave. Not sure though Chelsea want to sell and/or at a price we can afford
Yeah, I like Gilmour and would like him at Goodison but it feels like one we could ideally structure as a permanent deal with a low upfront payment as Chelsea clearly aren't bothered about keeping him, and he's one that Lampard could really work with more long-term. Leaving a loan from Chelsea for another player they maybe don't want to sell.

Gibbs-White out of all the names was the one we needed, never getting it over the line. There’s literally no point us entering negotiations if the other won’t take a loan offer. Disgraceful, this board are utter filth.
Was he? I'd literally never heard of him until people started posting links to him, and if he was so good, surely wolves would want to be playing him instead of selling him anyway.

Good god, no. We shouldn't be paying J-Lingz 190 magic beans let alone £190k a week. My point was that we were linked with players nobody on here thinks is any good and they still don't want to come here.

I can't be arsed going back through this thread and others about the player quotes because you're probably correct that they will be vague about their sources.

Loads were saying not to stress this time last year and we all saw how that worked out and, remarkably, we were actually in a better position this time last year.
Aye I'm not condemning you for stressing - I get the frustration, I'm frustrated. I'm just not willing yet to stress myself. But each to their own, for me it's just a fatigue thing... saving my stress for August onwards :)

More performances like last night and people will welcome the signing of Barkley.

It was frightening.

….it will show the club has lots it’s morality as well as losing the plot.

A player who plays like football isn’t important on ridiculous money returning to a club that brought him through & then he treated with total disrespect. I understand Chelsea didn’t even bother taking him on their pre-season tour, he’s a risk off the pitch and a liability on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back