Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean I’d rather Barkley back than have to watch Gomes, Davies etc attempt to play football…
I see your point but I still don't see where Barkley would fit in. In a 4-3-3 as an attacking midfielder he won't press or score many goals..I don't see him play.deeper either with Doucoure as Doucoure needs to play box to box

I see your point but I still don't see where Barkley would fit in. In a 4-3-3 as an attacking midfielder he won't press or score many goals..I don't see him play.deeper either with Doucoure as Doucoure needs to play box to box
He's honestly very similar to Doucoure these days. I wish we could have seen him as a box to box guy when his legs were still working.

He's honestly very similar to Doucoure these days. I wish we could have seen him as a box to box guy when his legs were still working.

leg-day.gif

What I still don't understand is our obsession with only signing players from the Prem, especially as clubs like Brighton have proven that if money is tight, you'll get much better value in properly scouted players from abroad.

What is it? Can we just not be arsed? Does Bill want to save on his phone bill by only making domestic phone calls?

What I still don't understand is our obsession with only signing players from the Prem, especially as clubs like Brighton have proven that if money is tight, you'll get much better value in properly scouted players from abroad.

What is it? Can we just not be arsed? Does Bill want to save on his phone bill by only making domestic phone calls?
You can probably bring in 3 or 4 highly talented players from the Americas or lesser leagues in Europe for under 15m and all you need is a few to hit to make it well worth it. And some who aren't massive hits will still be decent players for you.

We don't have a head of recruitment tbf, might be a bit of an issue.

Then the last few times, we've given free rein to the manager to sign who they wanted, too.

But in fairness, 2/4 signings have been from different leagues, like.

Reactions: Mrk
You can probably bring in 3 or 4 highly talented players from the Americas or lesser leagues in Europe for under 15m and all you need is a few to hit to make it well worth it. And some who aren't massive hits will still be decent players for you.
The only thing that complicates this with the Americas is work permit issues but it still can be negotiated around

It's a complete and utter lack of imagination, drives me crazy. We might as well wind up our scouting operation and just get a Sky, BT Sport and Amazon Prime subscription. Save a few quid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back