Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
His contract runs to 2024 And he will still have a book value of about £8m. we would need some sort of a fee.
We wouldnt mate.

8m book fee yes, but, assuming we gave him a free transfer, we would save 2 years of his wages, which lets assume is 120k a week, leaves us with a "profit" of 4m.

We wouldnt mate.

8m book fee yes, but, assuming we gave him a free transfer, we would save 2 years of his wages, which lets assume is 120k a week, leaves us with a "profit" of 4m.
Fair enough. However, no one will offer him £120k per week. im sure he would only move if we top his salary up. I doubt they would even pay half that in Portugal. That’s where we slip into loss.

Fair enough. However, no one will offer him £120k per week. im sure he would only move if we top his salary up. I doubt they would even pay half that in Portugal. That’s where we slip into loss.
I did say mate, hes gonna have to take a pay cut, but if I know we could release him on a free and make a profit, his Agent does as well, so hes defo taking a cut.

Andre Gomes:

Yearly wage: 5.8mil

Amortisation: 4.7mill

Overall annual cost: 10.5 mill

Book Price July 2022: 9.4 mill.
When you look at those figures it's easy to see why Gomes is such a problem.

If we give him away we record a big loss in transfer fees, causing us further problems in FFP / sustainability terms.

If we keep him, he continues to drain us of £5.8m in wages per year... causing further sustainability problems.

No-one is going to pay a fee remotely close to his book price AND match his wages, because his performances don't warrant that level of investment. And if he WAS performing to that standard, we'd want to keep him.

I think the options are limited to:

1) loaning him to a club prepared to pay 50% of his wages (ideally more, but 50% is pretty hopeful in the first place), with some option to purchase in summer 23 that doesn't kill us; or

2) a deal similar to that which Spurs put together for Alli. No initial fee, but £3m after he makes 15 appearances and another 3m if he's still on their squad in June '23, weird stuff along those lines?

The main issue is still that he's not performed remotely effectively since November 2020.

Andre Gomes:

Yearly wage: 5.8mil

Amortisation: 4.7mill

Overall annual cost: 10.5 mill

Book Price July 2022: 9.4 mill.

If we give him away we record a big loss in transfer fees, causing us further problems in FFP / sustainability terms.

If we keep him, he continues to drain us of £5.8m in wages per year... causing further sustainability problems.

No-one is going to pay a fee remotely close to his book price AND match his wages, because his performances don't warrant that level of investment. And if he WAS performing to that standard, we'd want to keep him.

1) loaning him to a club prepared to pay 50% of his wages (ideally more, but 50% is pretty hopeful in the first place), with some option to purchase in summer 23 that doesn't kill us; or

2) a deal similar to that which Spurs put together for Alli. No initial fee, but £3m after he makes 15 appearances and another 3m if he's still on their squad in June '23, weird stuff along those lines?

The main issue is still that he's not performed remotely effectively since November 2020.

Players like this are why we should sell high value players. Sell someone for £40mil + punt Gomes on a free.

You then have the 40mil fee + both players wages off the books minus the book value.

This is the problem. Even a free transfer doesn’t work because his wages are so high. That is why he will probably stay put and issue some platitudes about wanting to help us get back up.

We will be selling our best players to fund his salary and others like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back