Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players like this are why we should sell high value players. Sell someone for £40mil + punt Gomes on a free.

You then have the 40mil fee + both players wages off the books minus the book value.

In theory a free makes sense but never that straght forward, as you were saying we will pay more in wages over his final two years then we would crystallising a loss, in those cases players usually look for a negotiated settlement to end their contract, a loan is an option - the problem would be % of his wage as there isnt likely to be a big market for him.

The stumbling block is we are legally obliged to honor his contract so hes within his rights to "fight for his place".

Reports that Juve want to pay us up for Kean then sell him on rather than keep him next season. Meant to be 28 million next summer but, especially if we do go down, striking a deal to get that or something close to it this summer could make a lot of sense.

I think mina and gomes are the only major problem, i thibk we can find buyers for most of the others, i suspect mina and Gomes might leave on loan

In theory a free makes sense but never that straght forward, as you were saying we will pay more in wages over his final two years then we would crystallising a loss, in those cases players usually look for a negotiated settlement to end their contract, a loan is an option - the problem would be % of his wage as there isnt likely to be a big market for him.

The stumbling block is we are legally obliged to honor his contract so hes within his rights to "fight for his place".

No transfer fee could mean clubs pay close to his wages...

Reports that Juve want to pay us up for Kean then sell him on rather than keep him next season. Meant to be 28 million next summer but, especially if we do go down, striking a deal to get that or something close to it this summer could make a lot of sense.

Thats been an ongoing rumour...i reckon they will try to do an upfront deal of around £25mil
I think mina and gomes are the only major problem, i thibk we can find buyers for most of the others, i suspect mina and Gomes might leave on loan

Im sure someone will buy Mina overseas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back