Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure I read it kicked in as soon as they qualified for CL. If not 2023.

Italian media reporting they plan to sell him this summer so will activate the option to buy anyway?
Deal is quite vague in terms of the objectives to trigger the obligation but I think regardless the money is due in 2023, with a loan fee due for next year. So them qualifying for the CL this year might be enough to ensure they have to pay, but the money won't come any sooner, unless we negotiate otherwise. If they can get back decent money from a 3rd club this summer they might happily pay up early to save the 2nd year loan fee, and I'm sure we'd happily take the money.

It looks like Blackburn are going to fall short on promotion so perhaps it's a chance to go for Ben Brereton Diaz. Proper centre forward, still young and all the right attributes. Whether we stay up or go down Everton would be a more desirable club than Blackburn for him.

It looks like Blackburn are going to fall short on promotion so perhaps it's a chance to go for Ben Brereton Diaz. Proper centre forward, still young and all the right attributes. Whether we stay up or go down Everton would be a more desirable club than Blackburn for him.
I'm not sure about that, I don't think, if we go down Everton will be more attractive a proposition than Blackburn. We are a team in a tailspin and Blackburn have shown this season that they are capable of having a run at promotion. The only thing that could have made us a bigger draw were the wages we paid. I think those days are over if we go down. If we continue with our profligate ways the EFL won't be long in docking us points.

I'm not sure about that, I don't think, if we go down Everton will be more attractive a proposition than Blackburn. We are a team in a tailspin and Blackburn have shown this season that they are capable of having a run at promotion. The only thing that could have made us a bigger draw were the wages we paid. I think those days are over if we go down. If we continue with our profligate ways the EFL won't be long in docking us points.
Our most likely addition to the squad are the players on loan.

Simms, Broadhead etc…

We could always try and persuade him with a release clause if we fail to go up. He might be happy to give it a year rather than go to a lower end PL team that will struggle. We'll need to get a little creative with our offers if we drop and become less attractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back