Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that a question? But yes, promoted again. Nit overly effective last time he was promoted with Fulham, but record scorer for championship in one season. Absolutely fits into too good for Championship, not good enough for Prem. IF we go down he's the sort of player we should be looking at. In my ever optimistic opinion.
Last time in the PL he was under Parker and Fulham didn't really play to his strengths so never got the best out of him. Silva plays to get the best out of him hence he has scored 40 goals. He will do better this time around but he is not the quickest thats where he will always struggle.

Yes I’m saying it as in why on Earth would he leave them to drop down a division. It’s not a computer game.
OK. I get that. Parker an others didn't play him much last time out that's all. And this is a transfer speculation chat is it not ? I just think we need to cut our cloth appropriately. Never did I think we'd be looking at Championship football, resulting in signing Mitrovic but there you go. Seeing some names banded about here then coming up with a very plausible alternative clearly isn't in keeping with the reality some of us think we're in, computer game or otherwise ?

Last time in the PL he was under Parker and Fulham didn't really play to his strengths so never got the best out of him. Silva plays to get the best out of him hence he has scored 40 goals. He will do better this time around but he is not the quickest thats where he will always struggle.
Fair point mate. Decent reasoning and happy with that. I'll go back to FIFA now to generate my next fantastical idea ?

Looking into who we could realistically be looking to sign in a rebuild from the Championship, or even if we stay up. We’d be in financial difficulty of course and will need to get rid of most of the squad, which I’ve done elsewhere. The long and short of it though is we’d need a new keeper, centre mids and forwards. I’d be looking to players like -

GK: Sam Johnstone - free, very solid keeper to potentially replace Pickford.

MID: John Swift - free, playmaker with the most key passes per game this season in the championship. Set piece taker. 11 goals and 13 assists.

MID: Tom Lawrence - free, scores and assists, he’s a midfielder who contributes. Good attitude, leader, has been key in Derby’s form this season.

FWD: Brereton-Díaz - free, just scored 20+ goals in the division. No brainer.

Honorable mentions to Rothwell at Blackburn and Wallace from Millwall, both of which are also going on a free. We’d need a defensive minded mid in there too. Point is there’s some very good championship players going on a free this summer and we’d be daft not to go for them given our financial issues.

Looking into who we could realistically be looking to sign in a rebuild from the Championship, or even if we stay up. We’d be in financial difficulty of course and will need to get rid of most of the squad, which I’ve done elsewhere. The long and short of it though is we’d need a new keeper, centre mids and forwards. I’d be looking to players like -

GK: Sam Johnstone - free, very solid keeper to potentially replace Pickford.

MID: John Swift - free, playmaker with the most key passes per game this season in the championship. Set piece taker. 11 goals and 13 assists.

MID: Tom Lawrence - free, scores and assists, he’s a midfielder who contributes. Good attitude, leader, has been key in Derby’s form this season.

FWD: Brereton-Díaz - free, just scored 20+ goals in the division. No brainer.

Honorable mentions to Rothwell at Blackburn and Wallace from Millwall, both of which are also going on a free. We’d need a defensive minded mid in there too. Point is there’s some very good championship players going on a free this summer and we’d be daft not to go for them given our financial issues.
Brucie after Rothwell and Wallace but sure Everton might be more appealing because of better wages than West Brom could ever afford, Johnstone left West Brom because he wants to play in Prem so unless you stay up there is no chance, rumoured to already have agreed to be signing for West Ham.

Brucie after Rothwell and Wallace but sure Everton might be more appealing because of better wages than West Brom could ever afford, Johnstone left West Brom because he wants to play in Prem so unless you stay up there is no chance, rumoured to already have agreed to be signing for West Ham.
We’d be selling the dream of winning the championship and going straight back up, so on the off chance no prem team comes in for them we’d likely look the best option.

No. Unproven in Prem.

Two schools of thought here, lets take it a step further:

1: Sign the best CF, CM and CB (if able) from the chmpionship this year (and perhaps others). Bearing in mind they will be dropping a division (Mitrovic) or their clubs would ask top fees and the players themselves would seek a premium

Heres the team of the season

GK: Nicholls (Huddersfield)
RWB: Spence (Forest)
CB: Tosin (Fulham)
CB Kelly (Bournemouth)
CB Worrall (Forest)
LWB: Robinson (Fulham
CM: Yates (Forest)
CM Billing (Bournemouth)
ACM: Wilson (Fulham)
CF: Solanke (Bournemouth)
CF:Mitrovic (Fulham)

2: Sign the most effective spine of young players to suit Lampards system and develop in the championship. Then if we go up first time theyre suited to the next stage of their development in the premier league.

Bearing in mind the best players at Derby under Lampard were Mount and Tomori, I'd be inclined to go with the 2nd option.

1: Sign the best CF, CM and CB (if able) from the chmpionship this year (and perhaps others). Bearing in mind they will be dropping a division (Mitrovic) or their clubs would ask top fees and the players themselves would seek a premium

CB Kelly (Bournemouth)
CB Worrall (Forest)
CM Billing (Bournemouth)

2: Sign the most effective spine of young players to suit Lampards system and develop in the championship. Then if we go up first time theyre suited to the next stage of their development in the premier league.

Bearing in mind the best players at Derby under Lampard were Mount and Tomori, I'd be inclined to go with the 2nd option.
Agreed on a blend of option 1 and 2.

CB Kelly (Bournemouth)
CB Worrall (Forest)
CM Billing (Bournemouth)

Lampard had Jody Morris with him then though who had overseen those players development at Chelsea, he was the youth guy not Lampard Zat. Lampard seems to me to be more of a motivator, an inspirational type hence why we have the extensive experience in the backroom team to do all the tactical stuff.

OK. I get that. Parker an others didn't play him much last time out that's all. And this is a transfer speculation chat is it not ? I just think we need to cut our cloth appropriately. Never did I think we'd be looking at Championship football, resulting in signing Mitrovic but there you go. Seeing some names banded about here then coming up with a very plausible alternative clearly isn't in keeping with the reality some of us think we're in, computer game or otherwise ?

Speculation grounded in realism is more my thing but you carry on I guess.

Lampard had Jody Morris with him then though who had overseen those players development at Chelsea, he was the youth guy not Lampard Zat. Lampard seems to me to be more of a motivator, an inspirational type hence why we have the extensive experience in the backroom team to do all the tactical stuff.

He may well be though as you say, we have the experience in the backroom team to develop players.

In the summer i expect we may add to it as well.

TBF Edwards has a strong academy background I think so you'd imagine he's play a big part in developing younger players

When you look at that team of the season, how many of our current players would get in it after a season in the championship?

I'd say we'd have 11 players in that team.
Agreed. Hadn't heard of half of that lot in fairness, I watch lots of footy too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back