Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Close.

Actually, Mitrovic is proven in the Prem... Problem is, he's proven to be shabbite. It would be a dumb signing if we went down, would prefer Brereton Diaz.

Thanks for the mansplain. Unsure why it would be dumb if we went down. Mitrovic scores for fun in Championship despite being "shabbite" (dunno what that means). Brereton Diaz or Brereton as I like to refer to him is an option. Done OK for Rovers and Chile but not close to Mitrovic in my view.

Thanks for the mansplain. Unsure why it would be dumb if we went down. Mitrovic scores for fun in Championship despite being "shabbite" (dunno what that means). Brereton Diaz or Brereton as I like to refer to him is an option. Done OK for Rovers and Chile but not close to Mitrovic in my view.
Fulham aint selling their 40 goal Striker to us.

If we stay up and we offloaded DCL for £60-65 million - lets puff our chests out and lob a bid in to bring Big Romelu home.

Lads going to be 29 next week and not getting a sniff at Chelsea so not many elite clubs be looking at throwing big dough at him or big wages.

Gordon Lukaku Richarlison

Imagine lads.

If we stay up and we offloaded DCL for £60-65 million - lets puff our chests out and lob a bid in to bring Big Romelu home.

Lads going to be 29 next week and not getting a sniff at Chelsea so not many elite clubs be looking at throwing big dough at him or big wages.

Imagine lads.

We wont sell DCL for that

We wont be able to afford Lukaku's wages. Digne was 28 and sold to raise funds for 2 new players...signing Lukaku would be silly.

We need to find the next top centre forward.

We wont sell DCL for that

We wont be able to afford Lukaku's wages. Digne was 28 and sold to raise funds for 2 new players...signing Lukaku would be silly.

We need to find the next top centre forward.

Which is hard to do without European football.

Lukaku would be a perfect stop gap for 3-4 seasons whilst we moved up the table, sorted our finances out and scouted the next big thang.

Imagine lads.
Lewin stock has completely fell off a cliff... Also no one signs championship players for 60 million.

Which is hard to do without European football.

Lukaku would be a perfect stop gap for 3-4 seasons whilst we moved up the table, sorted our finances out and scouted the next big thang.

Weve signed Mykolenko (who looks class) and Patterson (very highly rated.

Whats to stop us signing the next top centre forward?

Lewin stock has completely fell off a cliff... Also no one signs championship players for 60 million.
Weve discussed this before...

Looking into who we could realistically be looking to sign in a rebuild from the Championship, or even if we stay up. We’d be in financial difficulty of course and will need to get rid of most of the squad, which I’ve done elsewhere. The long and short of it though is we’d need a new keeper, centre mids and forwards. I’d be looking to players like -

GK: Sam Johnstone - free, very solid keeper to potentially replace Pickford.

MID: John Swift - free, playmaker with the most key passes per game this season in the championship. Set piece taker. 11 goals and 13 assists.

MID: Tom Lawrence - free, scores and assists, he’s a midfielder who contributes. Good attitude, leader, has been key in Derby’s form this season.

FWD: Brereton-Díaz - free, just scored 20+ goals in the division. No brainer.

Honorable mentions to Rothwell at Blackburn and Wallace from Millwall, both of which are also going on a free. We’d need a defensive minded mid in there too. Point is there’s some very good championship players going on a free this summer and we’d be daft not to go for them given our financial issues.
Like the sound of Swift and Lawrence, and God knows we could use some new blood in midfield. Agree 100% re Brereton-Díaz.

Nothing but I would rather us actually have a proven goalscorer at the club over one who'll take 2-3 seasons to develop.

We tried that with Moise Kean when we needed a tried and tested Giroud.

Same situation for me when DCL goes in the summer - we need a goalscorer.

Ok, im not double-checking fees, so they will ALL be wrong, please dont pull me up on the fees, its a rough estimate!

JP 30m - 30m
NP 16m - 10m
MH 2m -15m
MK 30m - 15m
A 20m - 10m
R 45m - 50m
FB 8m - 0
DCL 1.5m - 50m
DG 1.7m - 15m
YM 30m - 20m
AD 20m - 20m
AI 34m - 5m
VM 18m - 18m
CT 27m - 0
AG 20m - 10m
BG 24m - 24m
DA 35m - 0
GS 45m -0
MK 30m - 30m
JPG 25m -20m

462m - 322m

Not as bad as I thought.

?
I'm sure there are a couple 0s missing in the AI entry

I haven't thought.... And if you think scrolling back through pages and pages just to find out what all the transfers merkins on here have got to say about it then you're mistaken.

Nothing but I would rather us actually have a proven goalscorer at the club over one who'll take 2-3 seasons to develop.

We tried that with Moise Kean when we needed a tried and tested Giroud.

Same situation for me when DCL goes in the summer - we need a goalscorer.
There are none. I guess practically none.

The list of players with 8 or more non-penalty goals this season that also aren't on a big six club or West Ham who will almost certainly make Europe is Dennis (maybe a good signing at the right price), Gallagher (not a striker), Vardy (lol) and Zaha (I'd literally go insane if we signed him).

Proven goalscorer isn't a real thing for us. There is going to be a level of uncertainty. I think it is far better for the uncertainty to include a high ceiling if all goes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back