Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

I would be absolutely astonished if we get any money for him.
Everything I've read about the Kean deal suggests they will have to play us the 28 million unless it's re-negotiated. I think the only conditions are over Juve's performance not his. Although with some of the crack negotiations we've done who knows?

But I expect if Juve don't want to cough up the negotiation might be that they will give us less, but this summer rather than next, to let them sell him to PSG or whoever. That way we get the cash in for a rebuild and they get him shifted on.

With the rumours on Twitter from relatively decent sources, looks like a fire sale this summer. Also sounds like an owner cashing in assets before he heads off into the sunset. Fingers crossed. I'll take the fire sale if it means he's gone.

I don’t think we know the full terms of the deal though do we? That’s a genuine question by the way. If he has to play a set number of games to trigger the obligation then they may come to us in the summer and say look we’re just not going to pick him if it means we have to pay that fee so how about we renegotiate.
Well that’s fair enough. It seemed a bit cloaked in mystery at the time. Oyhers have challenged that view and think it is water tight. But as you say, we just don’t know.m

With the rumours on Twitter from relatively decent sources, looks like a fire sale this summer. Also sounds like an owner cashing in assets before he heads off into the sunset. Fingers crossed. I'll take the fire sale if it means he's gone.
Don't particular buy into twitter rumours but to be honest given the ffp situation and the need to seriously revamp the squad I think we will be listening to offers for anyone. That's not necessarily the same as a fire sale (unless we go down in which case that's exactly what it'll be). But there will be a price for everyone. As our most bankable assets it wouldn't surprise me if two of Pickford, DCL or Richy depart, depending what the offers are like. And I'd expect like the Digne / Myko / Patterson business each one out will fund at least two in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back