Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did uhh...did anyone see Juventus want to renegotiate the obligation money for Kean?

I can’t really see what they can do. It’s a contract.

We over paid in the first instance, then they did. Buyers regret doesn’t get you out of a contract.

Wait for the contract to run out, offer less.

“Can we pay less for Kean?”
“No”
“No dramas thanks for answering”

Either it’s an obligation or it’s not…
Very surprised that a club with the moral fibre of Juventus could try and break the rules though

I don’t think we know the full terms of the deal though do we? That’s a genuine question by the way. If he has to play a set number of games to trigger the obligation then they may come to us in the summer and say look we’re just not going to pick him if it means we have to pay that fee so how about we renegotiate.

Easy, just give us first pick on any of your players and you can get Keane for 10p

Everything I've read about the Kean deal suggests they will have to play us the 28 million unless it's re-negotiated. I think the only conditions are over Juve's performance not his. Although with some of the crack negotiations we've done who knows?

But I expect if Juve don't want to cough up the negotiation might be that they will give us less, but this summer rather than next, to let them sell him to PSG or whoever. That way we get the cash in for a rebuild and they get him shifted on.

Juve have a contract with Everton. The fee is not Everton’s problem. There is no reason for us to vary our contract with them. Keans contract with us is immaterial.

Supposedly the deal was 6mil euros for the 2 year loan fee + they pay his wages.

If they reach the champions league in both seasons (they have done this season) then summer 2023 the loan automatically turns into a permanent transfer with a 31mil payment triggered.

So all in all its worth 37mil euros.

However, Juventus are rumoured to want to sell him to PSG (or another club) THIS summer. But the permanent deal of course hasnt kicked in yet...so its all in limbo.

The media are reporting that rather than paying the remaining 34mil (3mil loan for next year + the 31 mil fee) they prefer to do a deal with Everton for a lower fee to be paid immediately to sign him this summer.

34mil Euros is about £29mil and I would expect us to agree to £25-27.5mil to do a deal this summer so we can reinvest.

Supposedly the deal was 6mil euros for the 2 year loan fee + they pay his wages.

If they reach the champions league in both seasons (they have done this season) then summer 2023 the loan automatically turns into a permanent transfer with a 31mil payment triggered.

However, Juventus are rumoured to want to sell him to PSG (or another club) THIS summer. But the permanent deal of course hasnt kicked in yet...so its all in limbo.

The media are reporting that rather than paying the remaining 34mil (3mil loan for next year + the 31 mil fee) they prefer to do a deal with Everton for a lower fee to be paid immediately to sign him this summer.

34mil Euros is about £29mil and I would expect us to agree to £25-27.5mil to do a deal this summer so we can reinvest.
Thanks for the explanation. I think that suits both parties and is worth a couple of mil less. We need the shillings in now

With the rumours on Twitter from relatively decent sources, looks like a fire sale this summer. Also sounds like an owner cashing in assets before he heads off into the sunset. Fingers crossed. I'll take the fire sale if it means he's gone.

FFN & Toffee Transfers. Not sure which one is usually sound with info....

I dont have a twitter account but checked out those two sites...

The main claims that stand out were:

1: DCL, Pickford, Richarlison are the players worth the most that could be sold.

2: Pickford may be £45mil

3: There are a number of players rumoured to be on the way out but they chose to not mention that some are out of contract to add to the sensationalist nature of twitter i suppose (7 is a numbee they keep throwing in)

Out of contract: Delph, Kenny, Tosun, Lonergan,

Sales: Richarlison, DCL, Keane, Pickford, Gbamin, Townsend, Gomes, Rondon

My own views would be:

A: Kepa (£72mil), Alisson (£56mil) and Buffon (£47mil) are the top 3 highest goalkeeping transfers.

£45mil for Pickford would put him as the 4th highest valued transfer for a goalkeeper of all time. I'd take that deal.

B: There will be 7 players definitely leaving the club as those websites say. These players are the out of contract players and those whose loans are expiring:

Tosun, Delph, Kenny, Lonergan, Sigurdsson, El-Ghazi, Van De Beek. We will activate a 1 yr extension on Begovic i think.

C: Clearly Pickford, Richarlison and DCL are the 'valuable' players we would need to sell to reinvest and rebuild

The others mentioned to leave being Keane, Gomes, Rondon, Townsend and Gbamin.

That numbers a total of 15 players leaving if the rumours were true.

Im surprised Doucoure, Allan and Mina wouldnt be rumoured to leave...i could see movement there as well.

I think a massive recycling of players this window with Thelwell and Lampard bringing a new broom is a good thing.

I genuinely believe this will be the rebuild season if we stay up and we will end up selling Pickford, Keane, Allan, Richarlison and DCL ontop of all the other players who will be leaving cos they are out of contract at the end of the season like Kenny, Delph, Tosun and sigurdsson.

Patterson will become our first team right back next season with Coleman as backup.

I imagine we will try and recoup around 150-200 mil from player sales to rebuild the squad under the new director of football and frank Lampard for next season

The only reason we would be selling richarlison is because he wants to leave not because we want to get rid. Dcl also wants to leave. If there’s interest in our players and they match our valuation then anyone is for sale really.

I can see us hunting for championship players like that Brennan from Nottingham forest and looking to follow the spurs model of loaning young prospect players from abroad with options to buy and trying to chase some chelsea youths like broja, Gallagher and / or that Scottish pirlo fella billy gilmore.

I genuinely believe this will be the rebuild season if we stay up and we will end up selling Pickford, Keane, Allan, Richarlison and DCL ontop of all the other players who will be leaving cos they are out of contract at the end of the season like Kenny, Delph, Tosun and sigurdsson.

Patterson will become our first team right back next season with Coleman as backup.

I imagine we will try and recoup around 150-200 mil from player sales to rebuild the squad under the new director of football and frank Lampard for next season

The only reason we would be selling richarlison is because he wants to leave not because we want to get rid. Dcl also wants to leave. If there’s interest in our players and they match our valuation then anyone is for sale really.

I can see us hunting for championship players like that Brennan from Nottingham forest and looking to follow the spurs model of loaning young prospect players from abroad with options to buy and trying to chase some chelsea youths like broja, Gallagher and / or that Scottish pirlo fella billy gilmore.

Moise Kean £25mil (a year early)
Pickford £40mil
Keane £10mil
Allan £10mil
DCL £50mil

Moving on those players could bring in £135mil for a new spine of GK, CB, CM, CF.

Get others off the books like Gomes, Gbamin, Townsend, Rondon + the out of contract/ loan players Tosun, Delph, Kenny, Lonergan, Sigurdsson, El-Ghazi, Van De Beek.

Go into next season with new high quality young players...a smaller but superior squad on lower wages.

That makes sense.

Moise Kean £25mil (a year early)
Pickford £40mil
Keane £10mil
Allan £10mil
DCL £50mil

Moving on those players could bring in £135mil for a new spine of GK, CB, CM, CF.

Get others off the books like Gomes, Gbamin, Townsend, Rondon + the out of contract/ loan players Tosun, Delph, Kenny, Lonergan, Sigurdsson, El-Ghazi, Van De Beek.

Go into next season with new high quality young players...a smaller but superior squad on lower wages.

We'll be playing 6aside if you cull all those !

I agree with that we need to rebuild and the players picked to leave make sense. Does anyone have any idea which players could come in to replace them? Striker will be a difficult one…and not cheap.

Why not say no. Offer to cancel agreement and sell directly to PSG for the clearly higher amount that Juve want to get?

Juve will want to pay about £12m for him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back