Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moise Kean £25mil (a year early)
Pickford £40mil
Keane £10mil
Allan £10mil
DCL £50mil

Moving on those players could bring in £135mil for a new spine of GK, CB, CM, CF.

Get others off the books like Gomes, Gbamin, Townsend, Rondon + the out of contract/ loan players Tosun, Delph, Kenny, Lonergan, Sigurdsson, El-Ghazi, Van De Beek.

Go into next season with new high quality young players...a smaller but superior squad on lower wages.
Think he will be here next season myself, It will be Richarlison that goes this summer (prefer the opposite) Going forward into next season Id prefer to try and keep what we can and get rid of the deadwood, something like:

GK: Pickford
RB: Patterson
LB: Mykolenko
CB: Mina
CB: Colwill
DM: Kamara
CM: Doucoure
CM: Gilmour
LF: Gordon
CF: DCL
RF: Johnson

Supposedly the deal was 6mil euros for the 2 year loan fee + they pay his wages.

If they reach the champions league in both seasons (they have done this season) then summer 2023 the loan automatically turns into a permanent transfer with a 31mil payment triggered.

So all in all its worth 37mil euros.

However, Juventus are rumoured to want to sell him to PSG (or another club) THIS summer. But the permanent deal of course hasnt kicked in yet...so its all in limbo.

The media are reporting that rather than paying the remaining 34mil (3mil loan for next year + the 31 mil fee) they prefer to do a deal with Everton for a lower fee to be paid immediately to sign him this summer.

34mil Euros is about £29mil and I would expect us to agree to £25-27.5mil to do a deal this summer so we can reinvest.

£28 million final fee i believe, 31 million euro, dont know about a loan fee.

When the obligation isn’t actually an obligation, which I never suspected it was in the first place. The deal just seemed odd to me from the start.
A two-year, 'obligation' (provided god knows what criteria is met) loan deal allowed for a club who'd just got a £20+ million transfer fee for Cristiano Ronaldo along with his goliath wages off the books.

Marcel Brands, the football genius. To think there are people on here who were/still are upset that he's gone. Unbelievable.

A two-year, 'obligation' (provided god knows what criteria is met) loan deal allowed for a club who'd just got a £20+ million transfer fee for Cristiano Ronaldo along with his goliath wages off the books.

Marcel Brands, the football genius. To think there are people on here who were/still are upset that he's gone. Unbelievable.

Because people made it a Brands vs Benitez YOU MUST PICK A SIDE thing. The fella couldn’t sell a fur coat to an Eskimo for free. He was an absolutely useless negotiator.

We'll be playing 6aside if you cull all those !
We have a massive squad.
Why not say no. Offer to cancel agreement and sell directly to PSG for the clearly higher amount that Juve want to get?
It may be out of our control.
Its very hard to judge players in the Dutch league tbh, I always think the jump from there to the PL is too much, they need to go somewhere else first.
Antony / Gravenberch out of our reach now but will be top notch
Juve will want to pay about £12m for him though.
Then he stays another year there and we take the loan fee and full sale price.

£28 million final fee i believe, 31 million euro, dont know about a loan fee.

How can anyone re-negotiate an obligation to buy?

They can't, but if there is one club who is stupid enough to let someone renegotiate then its us tbh.

Its 31mil euro with an additional 3mil a season (2 season) loan fee on top.

The only public clause is that if Juve finish top 4 next season (they already have top 4 this season) then they are obliged to buy.

There is no harm in us renegotiating this deal if they want him this summer. We take a little less e.g £25-27.5mil to add some badly needed cash onto the profit and sustainability level were on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back